What's new

SUN, NOV 18 - Kasayama & Nihongi-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
It's getting a bit cooler and the days are getting a bit shorter so starting a little later and riding a little less distance. We'll be finishing at Ogawamachi Station. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1800-2100m
Distance: 110-120km
Route: HERE

Please, note the later starting time.

Looks like a great ride, but have to sit this one out with other commitments. Have a great ride!

Cheers Anthony, so far Tobias and I are in. I think Chikako and Aron are planning on joining as well, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Yes, I am up for it. Weather for Sunday looks good enough. I don't think I climbed Kasayama before (only descents), that should be nice.

Pete -

Count me in. I look forward to riding with you.

I haven't been climbing much these days and need to get back to it, so I hope I don't slow you down too much!

Tom

Pete -

Count me in. I look forward to riding with you.

I haven't been climbing much these days and need to get back to it, so I hope I don't slow you down too much!

Tom

Great Tom! And, definitely don't worry about the speed issue. See you Sunday morning!

It looks like we should have decent weather tomorrow. See everyone in the morning!

You certainly wouldn't know it by the weather outside now! Look forward to seeing you at Family Mart in the morning, assuming your weather forecast is correct!

Pete - Change of plans as I was heading out this morning. Unfortunately, I won't be making it todayas I need to be back early. I hope you guys enjoy the ride and I'll catch you next time.

Tom

Woke up later than I should have for this, as usual. Was making my way up Yamate dori.... 0730 on the clock, still another 10-15 mins to go. Didn't look good to meet the boyz. Was sort of doodling along thinking about what I would do as Plan B.... when Pete and saibot passed me! haha.... I wasn't the only late one, it appears. Plan A back in play....

Nice to have Aron pulling us all along into the wind. Pretty easy to tell I was going to be pulling up the rear on this ride, as usual. Some minor bumps on the way to Shiraishi Touge and I could tell my legs weren't going to like it. Didn't seem fully recovered from some TT drills earlier courtesy of Doug3.

Still, I gave shiraishi a go, eventually made it up. If I had remembered whether or not I had somebody's phone number I would have bailed 1/2 way up. Coughed up the hill and met the guys waiting for me. Decided I wasn't going to be able to do much more climbing, so decided to u-turn and head back.

For some reason I thought I could just ride back. I'm not sure why I decided to do that. Struggled trying to find Arakawa, eventually getting there. I passed one guy on the roads trying to find it and also overtook him again on the river. I guess there was a better way to do it! Got home with about 185km on the odo....

Thanks Pete for organizing! I can't believe you figure out these tiny little roads in random towns.... Still, I'm looking forward to your LSD rides when I can sort of keep up! :p

:bike: :bike: :bike:

Nice ride as always, agree with Colin, Pete has some extraordinary navigating skills.

Nice meeting you btw, Colin, to bad you had to turn back, looks like you got a decent set of km in the legs anyway.
The second climb we took was pure pain for me. Cut the ride a bit short after that so only two big climbs today which where totally fine by me after that last wall.

Thanks again Pete, and Aron our personal wind-breaker :)

Woke up later than I should have for this, as usual. Was making my way up Yamate dori.... 0730 on the clock, still another 10-15 mins to go. Didn't look good to meet the boyz. Was sort of doodling along thinking about what I would do as Plan B.... when Pete and saibot passed me! haha.... I wasn't the only late one, it appears. Plan A back in play....

Nice to have Aron pulling us all along into the wind. Pretty easy to tell I was going to be pulling up the rear on this ride, as usual. Some minor bumps on the way to Shiraishi Touge and I could tell my legs weren't going to like it. Didn't seem fully recovered from some TT drills earlier courtesy of Doug3.

Still, I gave shiraishi a go, eventually made it up. If I had remembered whether or not I had somebody's phone number I would have bailed 1/2 way up. Coughed up the hill and met the guys waiting for me. Decided I wasn't going to be able to do much more climbing, so decided to u-turn and head back.

For some reason I thought I could just ride back. I'm not sure why I decided to do that. Struggled trying to find Arakawa, eventually getting there. I passed one guy on the roads trying to find it and also overtook him again on the river. I guess there was a better way to do it! Got home with about 185km on the odo....

Thanks Pete for organizing! I can't believe you figure out these tiny little roads in random towns.... Still, I'm looking forward to your LSD rides when I can sort of keep up! :p

:bike: :bike: :bike:

Glad you made it out today! Even though you turned back, you may have ended up doing more work than we did! In any event, please join us more often.

Nice ride as always, agree with Colin, Pete has some extraordinary navigating skills.

Nice meeting you btw, Colin, to bad you had to turn back, looks like you got a decent set of km in the legs anyway.
The second climb we took was pure pain for me. Cut the ride a bit short after that so only two big climbs today which where totally fine by me after that last wall.

Thanks again Pete, and Aron our personal wind-breaker :)

Tobias, it's been great having you out the last 4-5 weeks! You're a welcome addition the the cast of regulars, and it's always great riding with you!

Tobias, it's been great having you out the last 4-5 weeks! You're a welcome addition the the cast of regulars, and it's always great riding with you!

Thanks Pete, Super happy about finding your group, keeps me on the bike more, was easy to find excuses for not riding when a went at it alone :)
(Gotta thank the infamous Owen for pointing me in your direction)

Back
Top Bottom