What's new

Ride SUN, May 5th - Kasayama & Nihongi-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Winding down Golden Week with a slightly easier one. That being said, there'll still be two good ridge line runs with some solid climbing and descending to be had.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1700-2000m
Distance: 125-130km
Route: HERE

Please, note the 7am meeting time. See you Sunday morning!

Yeah, if I get better as scheduled, I will be in for this one.

Cheers!

Hey, I'm interested in joining a ride at some point this year but I don't wanna hold anyone up.
Could you tell me how long it takes you from Myoukaku Station to the top of the first big climb? Then I can give it a go on my own and see if the times are comparable.
Thanks..!!

Hey, I'm interested in joining a ride at some point this year but I don't wanna hold anyone up.
Could you tell me how long it takes you from Myoukaku Station to the top of the first big climb? Then I can give it a go on my own and see if the times are comparable.
Thanks..!!

Hard to say exactly, but from the 62km mark to the 68km mark would probably be about 24-28 minutes. A the bottom of Shiraishi there is a round wooden hut that we normally make a brief stop at. It's located at just a 150m before the 62km mark.

Looks like 1h 15m to me. Myokaku at 3h 5min from the start. First peak at 4h 20m. (Based on Pete's recording of the same climb on 20 April).

Thanks for the replies, guys!
Ill have a crack at it on my own and see how it goes.

I think I will be joining this one. Been struck down with a cold that started on last Sunday. But coming out the other side now...

BTW, What is that first climb?

Mike/Sibreen, If you are forming a slightly slower party for this route in the future then I'd be honoured to join you

I'm going to have a crack at this one if that's OK with you guys. Can't promise ill be up to speed and I'm happy to do the route solo rather than hold anyone back. Got to start somewhere!

Okay, I'll join this one until we hit Shiraishi, then ride back - I have to be back home fairly early in the afternoon. See you at family mart 7am.

Need to be home early tomorrow, so won't be joining this one. I'll do one of your routes solo on Monday instead. Have a good ride. Hope to see you next time!

As of tonight I haven't recovered to a level that I feel it would be wise to do this ride, see how things go in the morning but as of now....

I don't think ill be joining all the way on this one. Or maybe at all. If I am at the spaceship I will ride some of the way with you guys, or maybe all the way depending, or maybe I will just wave as you go by. If I am not there, most certainly do not even slow for a minutes gandering at the rowers, homeless fishermen, or model airplane aficionados.

Back
Top Bottom