What's new

Ride SUN, May 12th - Jyomine, Tsuchizaka & Shigasaka-toge

'THE USUAL SPOT' meaning - ??? You're usual spot? Pete's meeting point 'USUAL SPOT' , ?? Can we post actual geographic locations , or is this verbotten?

Here is the final decision.

WE LEAVE 30 MINUTES LATER. SEE YOU AT 8am AT THE USUAL SPOT.

Got to be careful I don't tire myself out before the ride though. A fine balancing act.

'THE USUAL SPOT' meaning - ??? You're usual spot? Pete's meeting point 'USUAL SPOT' , ?? Can we post actual geographic locations , or is this verbotten?

Sorry, yeah, that was inaccurate.

I will meet you at 8am up the river, in Saitama, where I usually join the group. You will meet Pete wherever you usually meet him down in Tokyo, 30 minutes later than originally planned.

So yeah, posting this from Famima toilet. Might make this a regular mid ride posting slot.

Nice seeing you boys today! Hope your ride progresses well. An absolute stunner out there today. I must say though leicaman there is something wrong with you! You are the only person I have ever seen smiling ear to ear ascending shiraishi!!! :)

Great ride as usual. What amazing weather we had. Big thanks to Pete for his great leadership skills as usual. Only four of us today but still a great ride. Thanks to Owen for the energy tablet which seemed to help me get over feeling nauseous this morning. Was nice to meet Nizhniynovgorod, too. Wasa little gutted that I wasn't feeling too well in the morning but managed to get round. I seemed to perk up after 100km.

Nice seeing you boys today! Hope your ride progresses well. An absolute stunner out there today. I must say though leicaman there is something wrong with you! You are the only person I have ever seen smiling ear to ear ascending shiraishi!!! :)

Ha ha. I didn't realise I was smiling as I was actually feeling pretty rotten while going up Shiraishi. I had zero power and felt like throwing up most of the way up. First time feeling like that during a ride and not a good time to decide to do my first ever timed run to the top. Hopefully next time I'll easily beat my time next time I'm there(whilst having an even bigger smile all the way up :) ) .

It was an epic ride in gorgeous weather. Thanks to Pete for the impeccable planning and to all for your patience on the climbs! Great to meet everyone too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368362771.441078.jpg
Out on the ridge past Jogamine-san.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368362867.572591.jpg

First one is free.
Ah ! So they follow the same principal as CO2 cartridges huh? ;)
You missed a funny sight on the train back from chichibu. We took the red arrow reserved seat train. We just made it onto the train in time but our seats were in car 7 (last car) but we got on car 1. The problem with those trains is that the aisle is really narrow for a person carrying a bike. We had to shuffle our way through numerous aisles but Pete didn't quite seem to get the hang of it. I think he took out almost everyone on the train with various parts of his bike.

Haha.

Well, Pete is getting on a bit, and you know what these pensioners are like for knocking into things. You only have to walk near an old timer with an umbrella to see it in action; giving them a bike to look after is asking for trouble.

My train journey was surprisingly easy; totally empty Chichibu line and also completely empty Takasaki line (which is unheard of).

Back
Top Bottom