What's new

Ride Sun Jan 12, 9:15am Honda station: Boso Hanto Loop

Stormy

Speeding Up
Aug 2, 2012
Hi All,

I am being brave and putting forth another ride suggestion for the weekend. This will be my Sunday trip, and given the cold I think Boso is a safer bet (despite the wind at times). This one uses well-known segments from the past, but also includes a few new segments, which I have yet to explore.

I will be taking the 8:01am Yokosuka line train from Shinagawa. It's a bit of distance and I assume I will have 2 (maybe 3 shorts stops).

Meeting point: Honda station, south exit (I know no lockers, I say don't worry)
Start time: 9:15am
Distance: 185km
Climbing: 1,600 - 2,000m

It will be fun!

Cheers,
Norm

Urgh, can't believe I have to miss another Chiba ride... You put together great routes, too, that looks like a good one (including roads I haven't ridden).

No way that's only going to be 1600-2000 m climbing though--closer to 3000m I'd say. (I know the official fudge-factor for RidewithGPS is 50%, but that's for the big toge in the west--Boso more like 25% maybe?)

Have a good one!

Urgh, can't believe I have to miss another Chiba ride... You put together great routes, too, that looks like a good one (including roads I haven't ridden).

No way that's only going to be 1600-2000 m climbing though--closer to 3000m I'd say. (I know the official fudge-factor for RidewithGPS is 50%, but that's for the big toge in the west--Boso more like 25% maybe?)

Have a good one!

Phil, you were spot on. I had underestimate the retour after the Route 93 climb. I chose the most direct way to Honda and thereby added a few really miserable buggers. So, total climbing was 2,650m. Great training effort in excellent weather.

Back
Top Bottom