What's new

Ride Sun Jan 11th - Shinen-megalo-brevet-kai

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
ShinenBrevetRender1200.png

For those of you that are kicking yourself that you missed the unbelievably awesome Bonen-megalo-brevet-kai. You have a chance to not miss out on everything that is fun in this world.

Announcing the first annual TCC SHINEN-MEGALO-BREVET-KAI!!!!!

The route will basically follow this,
http://www.strava.com/activities/7893664 (Thanks @theDude !)
but in reverse.

I'll do up a proper map….. maybe….!

So we will start at the spaceship (6:20am), and head down Arakawa to the port, across to the Edogawa and up to Kumagaya and then back down to the spaceship. We will aim for a 250km ride, (Bacause we owe a few for the bonen version and the megalo organisation said that as long as we make em up we are all good)

Pace won't be lightning fast as it will be a social ride (With @Mlac Peek dictating the pace in his usual style)

Not a lot of stops, and lunch will be somewhere in the crossover between Edogawa and Arakawa.

Anyone is welcome, to join from where they like or drop off from where they like.

(Poster to follow @TCC ha ha ha!)

Not that I'd be along anyway, but older daughter's future inlaws are coming for a visit on that day and the day before.

Me too!
I won't meet you at the Spaceship though - that'll mean doubling back from whence I came.
Instead, I'll meet you all as you head south along Arakawa where it passes under Rte.4 - Near Kita-Senju - around 7:00.

I couldn't refuse, after such an enjoyable ride the other day. So, you're bound to see me there in my surfing trunks and UNI QLO Heat-Tech leguns riding my (too small) Leopard Tank.

At this stage, I'm leaning toward meeting you guys as you swing past Ponyland (Shinozaki).
When the ride ends, I'll head down the Arakawa, and cut across Edogawa to home (Kamagaya) using lights.

Is there any reason we can't do this on Monday 12th?

I can only do it on the 11th. I have an all day pass as my family has a party to go to that I am excused from.
But I'm sure we can do it again in feb or something, plenty of winter left.

See you guys tomorrow! I guess it will be John, Mark, me and Ben from the spaceship?

And the others along the way!

Looking forward to it!

Sadly I'm not going to make it this time. I've been feeling some pain in my right knee after the last couple of runs. I laid off the running since then, but the knee was aggravated during Friday's KOM-fest so I'd better hold back on cycling as well until I know it's totally fine. Will be up for the next edition of a three-river ride when it happens. Have a great one.

That sucks! Hope it gets better soon.

Sadly I'm not going to make it this time. I've been feeling some pain in my right knee after the last couple of runs. I laid off the running since then, but the knee was aggravated during Friday's KOM-fest so I'd better hold back on cycling as well until I know it's totally fine. Will be up for the next edition of a three-river ride when it happens. Have a great one.

Just did the calculations, and it's 19km from the Spaceship to Rte.4, where I'll be waiting.
If you start rolling at 6:20, you ought the pass under Rte.4 right on 7:00 (assuming your average speed is 30km/h).
I'll try to be there a bit before that in case you guys are early. See you there! T

I'll be there to crack onto the bunch down the east side of the Arakawa just south of Route 14 (possibly with one other).

Catch yas there!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom