What's new

Sun Feb 16, Chiba Boso ~150k

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Collecting interest. Open to have some of the Chiba veterans leading the ride as well, in which case I would most likely join enroute. I'm in goi, which is not a perfect start location anyways.

Basil and I already had a Boso ride penciled in for the 15th, and unfortunately I can't do both days. Would have been good to ride with you again.

I think we will be doing a flat run in north Boso (Choshi or Kasumigaura) rather than the peninsula, not decided yet. Either way a Chiba weekend I guess :)

Gunjira:
Hope we can ride together this year.
But I am doing a Chiba 200km Brevet on the 15th, ... so will be resting back at home in Tokyo on the 16th.
Best, David L.

Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately I can't be flexible on the date, so this might become the alternative for anybody not being able to join the proper Chiba ride on the 15th.

No reason why ours is the official one, you were first after all--that makes us the alternate. :)

Didn't realize the brevet was that weekend, too...

I am in. Might be weak though as I am coming from the US on the 15th midnight.

Let's see a map! I really enjoyed my last ride in Chiba so I might be up for this one...

I have an important family gathering in Aichi that weekend, so I can't join :(
Will be looking forward to seeing your plans & reports on this thread.

Thanks for the interest!
Plan is to take to the backstreets and do a loop of 150k+ at a 23-25km avg taking into account minimal stops. I don't want break any speed records at this time of the year, but if you are not comfortable riding 2-3hours without a break or eating in the saddle this might not be for you.

I don't have experience riding in the area, so will adapt from a known route. For the starting point, ill most likely set something in the countryside and leave it up to participants on how to get there in time. Will followup during WE, cheers

Hey Gunjira,

Taichi plans a ride in Boso on the same day, starting from Kimitsu 85 miles. In case you wanna combine.

Cheers

I don't think that ride style is for me. I'm more of a hammer, hammer, hammer, stop eat, eat, eat, hammer, hammer. Oh shit- caffeine gel quick, oh oh, Limp home for the last 20 kind of rider.

Blob: sorry, I didn't mean to discourage you, but frequent stopping in larger group rides I a pet peeve of mine. Once the route is more or less decided we can also settle on the stops in advance, which should help you make a decision.

Stormy: Great, looking forward to ride in that formation again. Kimitsu is 30k away for me.

So this ride will roll out Sunday 9:00 from Uchiminowa-park near Kimitsu station for a 150k loop led by a local Japanese rider.

Japanese address:
〒299-1175 千葉県君津市内箕輪1丁目1−1
「うちみのわ運動公園」

As it is today the conditions around Kimitsu are pretty unrideable, especially in the hills. We got a lot of snow on Tuesday that the rest of Kanto seems to have missed.

As I thought. Even around here (Just inside Chiba) there is still plenty on the ground.

I'll pass this Sunday then. Islagiatt Sufferfest for me (again)..... must see if I do any better than last Sunday when the second hour crushed me

Back
Top Bottom