What's new

Ride Sun 6th March Early bird Monomiyama

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
Apologies for the late post but if anyone is interested in a quick spin up to Monomiyama and back tomorrow morning meet me at the Sapceship at 6:30 am. The weather is looking indecisive but the plan is to be back by midday. Ordinary pace, nothing special going on. 100km+

See you there...

image.png

Nice one on the ordinary pace ha ha ha. Anyway thanks for taking the lead for the return leg and keeping it ordinary.

Clearly "Ordinary" is the new "social"

Ordinary pace, nothing special going on.

Bugs were out in force forcing me to ride using my teeth as a grill. after seeing pics of @Chrisisism in full summer kit yesterday I decided the time had come to get my legs out and it was a good choice.

Good times home by 10:30 with 110km done. Of course now the rest of the day must be spent lying down.

Last edited:
Nice one on the ordinary pace ha ha ha. Anyway thanks for taking the lead for the return leg and keeping it ordinary.

Clearly "Ordinary" is the new "social"

Cheers @theBlob and @Cory M. - some solid work on the way out, good to see @theBlob stretching his legs and pushing the pace. Your form is on the way mate, shame about the, erm, blubber. Haha.

It was an excellent workout, fairly short at about 110km and no real climbing so able to maintain a pretty decent pace all the way out and back despite the increasing wind coming from the south on the return. @Cory M. turned around just before Monomiyama so @theBlob and me did a couple of laps before hitting the river and fighting the breeze home; business as usual.

It was definitely feeling warm out there after 10am. Looking forward to more of that!

Thanks for the ride, gents! Incredibly lucky with the weather and the wind (for me at least!). No sign of the flat pedaled fucker, which was nice, too.
FYI, where we turned left for the convini, if we had turned right, we would have hit a 7-11 in the sun at the same distance. I know because I overshot the intersection...

FYI, where we turned left for the convini, if we had turned right, we would have hit a 7-11 in the sun at the same distance. I know because I overshot the intersection...

Interesting. Always good to know where the best convenience stores are located. Also, the nice smooth new road heading north outside the Lawson's we stopped at goes over the railway tracks and leads straight on to the Monomiyama climb.

Well done for getting up so early to @Cory M. @theBlob and @Mlac Peek and going out for another thrash.
I do recall getting up for a leak at 6:15 a.m. and thinking, 'Those mad bastards are already on the road slogging their guts out!'

I shaved my pegs today, and now you guys (apart from Spartacus [ @Mlac Peek :innocent: ) are all in biiiiig trouble when I release the, 'pearly whites' on the next Sunday ride.

By the way, that won't be next weekend as my young fella has a tennis tournament on Sunday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom