Ride Sun - 6th July Ride

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Due to the rubbish weather today, I didn't go riding but tomorrow is another day. The weather is looking great for tomorrow so I'm itching to get out. I was thinking of doing just a shortish ride and have this possible route. If anyone wants to join me, they are more than welcome. Climbs will be WATT within reason (Pace will be similar to Pete's rides)

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: The Spaceship on the Arakawa
Climbing: 1500m give or take
Distance: 110km

Last edited:

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
It was great to be out in Chichibu again after SUCH A MASSIVE GAP:glasses:

I loved riding out there and meeting @saibot at the spaceship then @leicaman joining us and starting that route to the hills that I know so well (didn't make any wrong turns:ashamed:). So exited I missed Tobias turning off for his lunch date, soz, leaving me and Mark to catch up on all the gossip and fly by all the portly gentlemen not wearing god's own cycling kit.

I am far from where I was before the crash but today was a step in the right direction. Thanks for not dropping me too often:tup and screw you for that second climb:tdown:.

Mark has some photos, I think, I was busy suffering.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Really good ride out to the mountains. Too bad that @saibot had to turn back so soon but was good to see him nonetheless. I think he wanted to see @Musashi13 's new bike. And very nice it is, too. We headed up Shiraishi, focusing more on chatting like two old women, rather than getting a reasonable time. After pizza we headed towards Higashi Chichibu and climbed a great little climb that was very steep and very wet/slimy. @Musashi13 loved the fact that everytime he stood up, his back tyre would loose its grip and knock him off balance. The rather broken surface certainly didn't help matters.

A few pics

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
That first photo is fantastic. Leicaman
Well the depth of field could be better,(did you meter incidental or reflected?) I find my eye dragged to the two red mushroom thingys so better framing would have helped and overall I would give it a 7, 8 if it were monotone or sepia to mute the fungus, but it's all in the eye of the beholder. At least it's not overbokehed. https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/attachments/img_1714-jpg.888/