What's new

Ride Sun 27th March Tokigawa Hills

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
image.jpeg

As usual a quick spin up the river, over Monomiyama and into the foothills. Short, sharp and sometimes steep is the theme for the day; four or five climbs, all finishing at around 300m elevation. 100km+ Medium pace out, sufferfest coming back down the river. Should be fun.

Meeting: Spaceship
Time: 7am
Distance: 100km+

Nice little ride today with @Cory M. and @kawa. @Cory M. turned back after 50km for family duties but did a stellar job ploughing the road for us as far as he went. He's getting stronger every week - cheers @Cory M! @kawa got the endurance prize with almost 190km and his longest day in the saddle this year. We hit a handful of 300m climbs and dealt with headwinds, crosswinds, cold temperature drops, sunshine and balmy temps. Pretty much a solid day of spring weather riding. Legs are nicely toasted.

Here's a couple of selfies.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the look of that jersey @kawa is wearing.

Was thinking the same thing, but never got a chance to ask where he got it during the ride.

Great to meet you @kawa , looking forward to more riding together. Sure doesn't seem to me like you've lost your legs at all!
Was nice to be able to do some of the pulling in the way out so that @mlacpeek could focus on his photography.
I may be getting my legs, but I still have quite a bit to shave off the middle. Discipline efforts start today.

That is a good config of textures and materials. Like the pocket contrast with the main back section.

Would go well with these socks from UniQlo;

View attachment 13611

LOL@ 'organic thermoregulation' too.

Bought 3 pairs at Uniqlo yesterday.

Surprised the one size 26 to 28 cm fit my 30 cm flippers!

Not bad socks for spring riding but will need something thinner for the heat of summer.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Ooh, that stuff is nice! At least the core jerseys and bibs. The full kit is about as garish as I've ever seen, but apparently they don't have any trouble selling it!
Good thing I just pulled the trigger on some kit somewhere else, or @kawa and I would be twins on our next ride...
What? How can you not want to look like a giant water melon in the mountains of Japan?

Ha ha or a green peakock? They are some absurd kits!

Hi,
I'm really glad that you all liked me in the attaquer jersey. This merino wool blended jersey is really stretchy compared to my other jerseys and kept me really comfortable throughout the ride.
It was really exciting to ride with a new friend @Cory M. and my man @Mlac Peek. Hope to ride with you soon.

The last time I went to Tokigawa area was July 2015, so yesterday I really savored every climb and country road of Saitama.
I took some pictures and would like to share those with you.

1. I spent 95% of my time watching this. Other than that, I remember paying some money at convini to buy some foods...
0327_3.jpeg

2. Mr. Peek in action
0327_1.jpeg

3. Mr no mercy trying to hunt me down.
0327_2.jpeg

Anyways, I really enjoyed it yesterday and am already looking forward to the next one!!

T

Back
Top Bottom