What's new

Sun 27th Beginners' Haneda

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
It looks warm enough tomorrow, so there will be a Beginners' Ride 30km out to the beach at Haneda. Could be a little windy so dress appropriately. We'll have to dodge the Tokyo Marathon course, which should add a little extra excitement. Or not.

There's only one real rule in Half Fast Cycling. Rule 1: On your first club ride with a new bike, you have to buy everyone a beer. This will be applied to me tomorrow, as I'm sporting my new shiny new titanium frame.

Meet up at 11 a.m. by the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills. Gentle pace. Back by 2 p.m. See you there!

TTFN & Keep the rubber side down!

--Mike--

It looks warm enough tomorrow, so there will be a Beginners' Ride 30km out to the beach at Haneda. Could be a little windy so dress appropriately. We'll have to dodge the Tokyo Marathon course, which should add a little extra excitement. Or not.

There's only one real rule in Half Fast Cycling. Rule 1: On your first club ride with a new bike, you have to buy everyone a beer. This will be applied to me tomorrow, as I'm sporting my new shiny new titanium frame.

Meet up at 11 a.m. by the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills. Gentle pace. Back by 2 p.m. See you there!

TTFN & Keep the rubber side down!

--Mike--

I'll leave my new bike at home, and bring my 23 year old Cannondale instead :D

I'll see you at 11 AM, I'll be the fat bloke in the new TCC long sleeved Jersey :cool:

Cheers!

Thanks Mike, that was a fun nice paced ride, I enjoyed myself for sure.

Nice meeting everyone else that came along too.

My computer says 43Km, not a bad day for a ride as well.

Cheers!:cool:

You go, Stu!

Excellent weather for a beer-fuelled Half Fast ride out to Haneda. Ten guys. One gal. One recumbent. Two new TCC jerseys! One diversion through Shiba-koen subway station to get to the other side of the marathon course.

Photos here

20110227-142243-Haneda.jpg

full.gif

Back
Top Bottom