What's new

Half Fast Sun 19th Beginners

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
Tomorrow (7 degrees and mostly sunny) we'll have a beginners' ride out to Odaiba. Anyone, any bike, and we only go as fast as the slowest rider. I know it's cold, but even at 7 degrees, being out there is better than not being out there.

Meet up in front of the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills at 11 a.m., back probably by 2:00 or so. 30 kilometers, no hills, easy.

Great weather today, I even got a light sunburn while we were hanging out at the beer place :eek:

Thanks for the ride, and if you get to make a video from the pics you took please let us know!
Cheers!

I think my head is already getting red in this pic! Heh, getting a sunburn while it's still February :eek:

Sadly it seems my SD card in the GoPro went bad at some point. I've tried various recover methods but no luck so far. Fortunately there will always be more rides!

That is such a pity.. I'd have loved to see such a vid. Do you think the vibrations got the SD card after all? Better luck next time I guess!

a couple of wrong turns

I'm sorry I missed the ride, but I took a couple of wrong turns and couldn't meet up with the group :cry: My android's battery died on the way so I could neither use my navigation nor access maps :( I made my way to Arakawa and settled for a 70km ride for the day.

As I am off tomorrow, I will use a part of the day to find my way to Rppongi Hills so I will be able to make to future riding events :D

I was thinking of the Half-Fast Cycling crew while I cycled 20 km up the California coast from Pacific Grove to Marina and then back down again. I rode a Bianchi borrowed off a cyclist friend, whose bike group it was. We enjoyed views of sand dunes, pine and cypress trees and ocean. After this year's winter in Tokyo, Northern California seems quite mild.

As I am off tomorrow, I will use a part of the day to find my way to Rppongi Hills so I will be able to make to future riding events :D

Google "Grand Hyatt Roppongi Hills Japan" or something like that. The Grand Hyatt is right next to the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower and the meeting point is at the corner of the Grand Hyatt that faces a convenience store.

Back
Top Bottom