What's new

Ride Sun 18th Oct - Nichitsu beefed up

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
We'll be heading out to the ghost town of Nichitsu to see the Autumn colours again this coming Sunday but with an added 11km climb before the Nichitsu climb. Please note that although the pace won't be full speed ahead, this ride certainly isn't for beginners due to it being 274km return to the spaceship and around 5000m of climbing.

Meeting point- The spaceship
Meeting time - 5:30am
Distance - 274km return (you can jump ship in ogawamachi and get a nice 233km ride in the bag, or for anyone coming from Tokyo , it's a good chance to bag a 300km ride ).
Notes - bring lights and suitably warm clothing.

Keep an eye on this thread if you intend to ride as we may switch to Saturday if the weather changes for the better on Saturday. We'll make a final decision on Friday afternoon.

Route here

Would be great to join, but it's unbelievably early!

I will try to wake up and leave on time (4am!). Will end at Ogawamachi.

Would be great to join, but it's unbelievably early!

I will try to wake up and leave on time (4am!). Will end at Ogawamachi.
Ha ha, yeah it's not the easiest to get up when the alarm clock reads 4 on a Sunday morning huh.
Please be aware though that this certainly isn't going to be a fast ride. There will be minimal stops but we won't be going all out. Oh, and there are definitely going to be selfie stops along the way near Mitsumine and Nichitsu ;)

Hey Mark,
I am back in Tokyo now, but have to skip the ride tomorrow... I have not received my new tubular tires as expected, and will not ride this long with 2 tires on the cream quick fix..
I stay home and build up my new bike instead, at least I will have two fresh tubeless wheel sets for that one...
Good luck with the ride!
I will also fix a new iphone I hope.... It has been a weird detox week being off line..

@Chrisisism no worries mate. I heard that your iPhone had a meeting with a very deep canyon ;)
I think it's wise that you don't try a +300km ride on punctured tyres fixed with gunk. See you on the next one.

Ok, no sign of anyone here. I'm going to head up the river.

Great ride yesterday. Absolutely perfect weather conditions, although when I left the house at 5:30, there was thick cloud and it looked like rain.
Getting to bed at 1:00 with your alarm set for 4:30 isn't the best recipe for a long ride but after an aeropress coffee I was ready to get out there. The route certainly didn't disappoint. Up high, the leaves have already turned and we were treated to a display of nature at its best.
@saibot has recovered from his illness and was on fire. Very very strong performance from him right until the end.
He brought his proper camera for some decent selfies. We took plenty although after a few hours, we realised we would have to put the camera down and make some headway as we still had a long way to ride. Selfies are great but don't mix well with a long ride.
Looking forward to the ride on the 31st with @Musashi13 but I think a lot of the foliage up high will have disappeared by that time.

@Lupo too bad you didn't make it. The scenery was spectacular.

Thanks to @saibot for coming along. Always a pleasure. @Chrisisism too bad your tubs hadn't turned up on time. You missed a cracker.

Selfies to follow shortly.

Was a very nice ride indeed! Felt better than expected and while I didn't do any stupid 300k (I started in chichibu) I still finished with way more distance than I had planned to.
The climb up and down Mitsumine shrine is a really nice one! Weird that we haven't done that route before.
I'll have a lot of material to go through on various cameras and will post to my instagram a little at a time. I'll leave you with this though, just chilling and enjoying the nature and awesome roads

I see the instagram embed is not up to snuff with the new unrestricted formats yet

Back
Top Bottom