What's new

Ride Sun. 14th August Kasayama Forest Return

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
Heading up the river as usual this Sunday for a fairly brisk out and back ride. The plan is to hit Kasayama Forest in Tokigawa and get back at midday. Should be doable. Who's in?
image.jpeg

What: Kasayama Forest Ride
When: Sunday 14th August
Meeting: Spaceship 6am 5:15am
Distance: 150km+
Pace: Brisk Peek

Last edited:
No takers - start time changed to 5:15am.
Have a good day in the saddle wherever you are!

That was alright. @kawa joined me for the slog up the river and the prequel to the main climb before turning around in order to get home before 10am. We hammered some of the flat sections and took it easy on others and were soon over the other side of Monomiyama. After a quick breakfast at the 7-eleven at the bottom of the 172 going up to Shiraishi we got down to business and took a bunch of selfies before parting ways. The climb up to the top of Kasayama via the forest was cool and quiet, and there was a fine mist at the summit, but the roads weren't wet. I came back down Kasayama proper and back over Tokigawa, out if the hills and on to the river expecting a fierce headwind. Fortunately it never materialized and the ride down the Arakawa was all good. I had a puncture on my rear tub 8km from home (I'd been expecting it after shredding some rubber away around Okutama last weekend) but was prepared with a spare, so that was really the only downside to the day. Otherwise it was another awesome morning in the saddle!

Check out the selfies - the Kasayama Forest road is worth a visit if you've got the time!

Dawn rises
image.jpeg

@kawa in rice fields
image.jpeg

@kawa sttacks on Monomiyama
image.jpeg

@kawa on his final climb before turning around
image.jpeg

The start of the Kasayama Forest climb
image.jpeg

Kasayama Forest
image.jpeg

Kasayama Forest
image.jpeg

Plenty of switchbacks on this climb
image.jpeg

And lots of trees
image.jpeg

Near the top
image.jpeg

Heading up the river as usual this Sunday for a fairly brisk out and back ride. The plan is to hit Kasayama Forest in Tokigawa and get back at midday. Should be doable. Who's in?
View attachment 14366

What: Kasayama Forest Ride
When: Sunday 14th August
Meeting: Spaceship 6am 5:15am
Distance: 150km+
Pace: Brisk Peek
This photo just popped up on the front page, so took a look now have saved the route. Might take the Fairdale out and see if my 11-46 cassette will survive the climbs.

Back
Top Bottom