What's new

Ride Sun 13th March Sadamine B ride

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
I can't make the A ride on Saturday with @theBlob so here's the B ride alternative on Sunday. Heading up the Arakawa and probably over Monomiyama before cruising up Sadamine at a quiet pace. The weather looks cold and cloudy, so dress accordingly. Should be fun.

image.png

MeetIng: Spaceship 6:30am.
Distance: 160km+

Last edited:
Snow on the hills out there! Didn't see any on the roads but all the hills were dusted.

@Mlac Peek Pretty sure that I'll be there for next Sunday (from Monomiyama) rain pending.

As it'll be warming up, we should venture into some hills, if you're keen.

It'll be warm with a 56% chance of rain in the arvo next Sunday, but I wouldn't bet my cult farm on that.

Weather...
sun.jpg

Cult farm...
cult.jpg
^ I had another pic, but the more I looked at it, the more it disturbed me, so I chose this.

So just @Cory M. and me on a mission to check the Sadamine to Shiraishi pass today. It's clear of snow and ice but it was absolutely fucking freezing at the top. My fingers were so numb they nearly stopped working on the way down Shiraishi - the wind was so icy. Brrr! @Cory M. rode his socks off for an impressive total just shy of 190km despite suffering most of the way back down the river with the gentlemanly pace. Nice one mate!

Very chilly selfies:-

Sadamine B Ride 073.jpg

Sadamine B Ride 072.jpg

Sadamine B Ride 070.jpg

Sadamine B Ride 069.jpg

Now that I am safe and sound at home, I can reflect on what an epic ride this was - huge miles for me, especially with how little riding I've been doing lately.
Hats off to @Mlac Peek as always. There are not many of us (including myself!) that will pull your ass out there, not only patiently wait at the top of a big climb, but also take some nice pics, and then pull your ass home.

Back
Top Bottom