Summer Whinge

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
OK, so this is a thread for anyone who wants to whinge about this heat. If you don't feel like doing so then don't post here, simple:mad:

Here's my whinge, after a months riding in amazing mountains (absolutely no complaints about that) in what can be descibed as sometimes very dangerous conditions for heat stroke (I do have some issues with this), I did my monthly power test yesterday after a rest and recovery week (still rode but with much less time and intensity). My results summed up how I've been feeling on the bike lately, TERRIBLE. My power output has actually gone backwards, and my LTHR (Lactate Threshold Heart Rate) has plummeted. All this leads to the conclusion that I've literally cooked myself this last month. While I have done lots of miles, the heat has played a major part in these poor test results.

So, in hope of getting myself back together I've decided to reduce the hours, but not intensity of my training program. This week I have 2 days off the bike and was hoping to go the pool and do some easy laps, always a great way to recover from cycling and relax the legs kicking out lactic acid etc. Low and behold, the pool was so crowded there's a line from here to Timbuktu with a waiting period of an hour or more to get in! And of course all the outdoor pools have closed for the year, even though it's a freaking heat wave. One 50m outdoor pool actually stated on their homepage that they had extended the closure until September 3rd because of the weather! Are they taking the piss? Seriously, an extension of 3 days AND not including the weekend.....aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. Morons Morons Morons:mad:

OK, I feel a little better after this rant. Believe me it helped a bit.....please feel free to go for it fellow TCC'ers:p