What's new

Tech Suggestions for a USB front headlight

I never really had much love for CatEye lights, but I was using them about 10yrs ago. Found them to be clunky, bulky, and a bit ugly but the cost was pretty low.
I admit they are not the prettiest, and the new Amp line is a step down IMHO. But they work very well. I like See.Sense products from a feature standpoint, but haven't had much luck with their water resistance.

I never really had much love for CatEye lights, but I was using them about 10yrs ago. Found them to be clunky, bulky, and a bit ugly but the cost was pretty low.
I have used CatEye lights for everything but my main headlights for the last 9+ years (the headlights are B&M Lumotec dynamo hub lights).

I have never had any issues with CatEye lights, other than the limitation of the battery life inherent in any non-dynamo light. They are well protected from rain and stand up to abuse. The switches don't wear out. The mounts work well and can be attached to just about anything. Pretty much the only way to kill them is to drop them onto hard surfaces, repeatedly.

I have used the Volt 300 and several different models that use AA or AAA cells. The Volt 300 is OK for night rides of a couple of hours, more if you bring a spare battery (extra batteries for the main Volt unit can be bought separately). I think the 400 is the successor model and the 800 is a brighter version at twice the cost for 50% more battery capacity.

Back
Top Bottom