What's new

Stunning handmade Ti Works Kualis

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
I've been following my team mates custom build since its inception late last year, having spent my early years in one of the families bike stores watching a guy called "steve" put together our brand of frame called "Machini" I've always been fascinated by the process, craftsmanship and voodoo used for handcrafted bikes, so much in fact that I took up design technology and realisation with the focus on metal work. So it was a simple joy in this world of carbon clones to see this bike come together.

For more on the build check out the blog - http://builderslife.blogspot.jp/2014/02/ryota-nishizonos-ti-works-road.html

IMG_2124.JPG

my mind just saw this "manchini"
pink-mankini-fs3228.jpg

Yeah watching a craftsman at work is something I never weary of, be it mechanics, food or fashion. Very happy with my handmade titanium and steel frames. That and a life long warranty, the builder is only 3 years older than me. Should be good.

"Machini" maybe he's trying to put an Italian sounding twist to his builds.

The bike looks good.
Ti would be good but just out of reach, price wise, for some people.
I'm happy with my steel now (even if it's not a custom one).

Machini" maybe he's trying to put an Italian sounding twist to his builds.

Nothing so deceiving, it was more to do with the nickname that Machin boys had on the bike which was 'Machine' but it didn't look right on the frame so the 'e' was switched for an 'i' and there was no fear of it ever sounding Italian when you say it with a Yorkshire accent ;)

Came out more "Machin eh!"

Looks fab! Do they make a disc-brake version yet? (lots of Ti frame builders are seeing interest in "bike for all occasions" - typically a fairly aggresive road frame with discs and rear-rack mounting points - I was very interesed in a Lynskey Helical version with tapered HT and BB30 until I saw the price... Now going with a plastic version from Boardman)

Go through the site @macrophotofly , they have a Ti disc build in the works at the moment.

Family comes from Sheffield mate - Yorkshire moors, Snake pass, Derwent Dam, Lady Bower and Howden up and around Bakewell all my old haunts on the road bike.

As for XC Mtb..... oh good lord!

Ah, very close to me actually. I'm from Saddleworth so I used to ride those places on my old GT Avalanche. Great area for XC MTBing. Would like to try all the surrounding roads on a road bike now.

Yorkshire Bridge Pub - the usual meeting place on a Sunday morning
6roa.jpg

Two of our Team bikes KONA HEI HEI - Titanium goodness

ni0l.jpg

You probably recognise this place.

rdvc.jpg

That last photo looks like it could have been taken anywhere within a 10mile radius of my house. Man, I love those moors.

I think it is Burbage

Ah right!!! The long valley that you can come into from the top, on the road, and drop all the way down to the Fox House Inn? Or have I mixed that up too. Haha. I was going to Gatecrasher a lot, so you can forgive my hazy memory.

Excellent place.

inception

IMG_2063.JPG

This is the best image for me on there; I like how they went about the masking stages (pretty straightforward, but good to see it mid-process here). I wonder how many times they had to adjust the stickers to get them absolutely spot on? :)

It sounded like it is a fresh start, but he has been 7yrs at seven, which are revered for their titanium bikes, so plenty of experience! The frame is looking as much.

I had wanted a titanium frame with discs all along, but decided to go with stainless steel tubing instead, letting me work with a local builder I trust.

Back
Top Bottom