What's new

Stolen? Me thinks so....

RayB

Speeding Up
Mar 3, 2009
So, we belong to one of these peer to peer car sharing gigs. Showed up in the parking lot to take the car and in the corner next to some gomi is a bike with its wheels off. Its resting on its chain ring so not something any loving bike owner would do. I reckon someone nicked it, stuck it in their boot and couldnt sell it so ditched the thing. Not sure on the model but it doesnt have roady pedals or anything so maybe not overly expensive but someone might want their bike back.

I've had them stolen and it sucks. What the process for reporting here? Will the koban even care? Didn't see a registration sticker.

Cheers,

IMG_1985.jpg

It is a Totem - made in mainland China, rather heavy. Brand new, probably less than 40,000. If it does not have a registration sticker on, I am sure the local koban will have zero interest.....

Or it could be that someone around the corner didn't want to pay the 1,000 yen (or whatever) to have their shabby bike taken away by the gomi guys.

Usual procedure for dumping a bike is to remove the seat. No seat and the gomi guys take it right away. Seat on and it stays for eons.

ah fair enough. ya as i didnt see any stickers i guess i'll just leave it there then if jcops wont give a toss.

Back
Top Bottom