What's new

Stolen! GIANT 2007 OCR2 (my bike!) in Kumagaya

Tamir

Speeding Up
Aug 19, 2011
The title says it all.

I parked my bike outside my hotel in Kumagaya last night and it was gone this morning.

It's frame is black, 50cm; yellow taping on the handlebars, noticeable dent in the top tube, FSA crankset, otherwise Shimano components.

Please help me find it.

Ouch.

Exactly where in Kumagaya? I have contacts there and will put the word out.

I was staying at the Chisun Inn Hotel, not far from Kumagaya station. It was stolen from right outside the hotel.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I talked to the guy at 田島自転車店 and asked him to keep an eye out for it.

Keep your babies in the hotel room. Don't tell reception you have a bicycle tell them you have a baby!

that sucks:eek:uch:, post a pic here so we can send out the word, anything non standard or "special" on the bike. There aren't that many bike shops in northern Saitama so fingers crossed, I hope you have reported it to the police.

That totally sucks. A good friend of mine recently had his van with a 2million yen racing bike (Motorised) and an offroader and all his racing gear stolen.

F#%&#n thieves should have the hands cut off when caught.

Thanks for the support.

Here's a picture of the bike. It's mostly standard parts. It has clipless pedals and a new seatpost and saddle that I bought.

I reported it to the police first. They were understanding and helped me with the paper work, but they didn't seem to know much about bikes. When I told them it was a Giant, they wrote その他 for the maker... I had to convince them to write "Giant 2007 OCR2."

Kind of reminds me of when I went to the cop shop to report a motorbike I had stolen. The cop seemed to think it was hilarious, commenting on the size of my head, and asking if I liked sushi or not. Seemed very disinterested in my motorbike. Of course I never got it back....:mad:

Hopefully the outcome for you is different

I'm not sure if this is the place for it, and this is not intended to be a hijack, but what are the key bits of info that the police want about your bike if it is stolen?

Make, model, size, color, components, etc.? Would it be worth making up a carry-able meishi-sized card with this info on it? (which the police could copy down)

Does it make any difference--or do they ask--if you have "personalized" anything? (unique, personally identifiable etchings on frame/fork, wheels, etc.)

They asked me:

Type of bike (road, mtb, mama-chari, etc.)
Maker (I said "Giant," they wrote "Other":()
Colour
Number of gears (front and back)
Wheel size
How much you paid for it and when
How much you would sell it for today

They didn't ask about modifications.

I don't think it would be worth it to have a card with all that on it, but it's a good idea to have basic info written down in case you ever forget.

Tamir - most importantly: Did you have it registered with the police? (The Yellow Sticker) ? All you need to give them is that, plus some basic info (roadbike, color, accessories). Surprisingly they have a very high percentage recovery. Also - was it locked?

It was locked, but unfortunately not registered.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I may be in the market for a new bike soon.:eek:uch:

Back
Top Bottom