What's new

Stolen Bike... Keep an Eye out

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
One of the guys at work had his 2007 52cm carbon FELT FC3 stolen in Ikebukuro on the weekend.

The bike is a 2007 or 2008 model with a plain carbon finish with Red felt logos and a Bling Bling red saddle. The bike is running on 100% Dura Ace 7700 parts with with mavic Aksium wheels.

Once I have the exact model I will let you know. Its a shame as the poilce have no interest in this what so ever and wouldn't even take a report.

Does anyone know when the next bike fair is on the Tamagawa is as I wouldn't be suprised if it showed up there.

Sekidobashi Flea Market

What a shame! The Tamagawa Sekidobashi Bicycle Flea Market takes place twice a year on the third Saturday of April and October...

I'm afraid though that these bicycle abductors have many other channels available for selling stolen property :eek:uch:. They will likely not wait until next April to encash.

Does anyone know when the next bike fair is on the Tamagawa is as I wouldn't be suprised if it showed up there.

Sorry to hear about it

Finding a stolen bike in japan is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

That's terrible. How did it get stolen? Was it locked? Any advice for us?

Now I know why on today's ride you seemed so worried about leaving your bike in front of stores...

I'm usually not so worried at conbinis in the country side. I sometimes fasten my helmet around the front wheel and frame - makes it at least a little harder for someone to just get onto it and ride away. You have to at least know how to unfasten a helmet which most people in Japan would have no experience with.

I've also on occasions unfastened both wheels, to make sure any thief falls off the bike right away!

I also have a micro lock that I sometimes carry with me. It's very light - and of course hardly that would prevent a determined thief from taking the bike away, but again stops the guy just seeing an opportunity and hopping onto the bike (which with my saddle height is actually quite difficult).

Guys, from what I know the bike was locked up in Ikebukero while the owner went in to Tokyu Hands for less than an hour.

The lock was a flex lock, but something I wouldn't use in central Tokyo for anything more than 5 minutes.

Kanzler, I had my first ever road bike stolen after saving up for 2 years for it.... I learnt my lesson and feel very uncomfortable leaving my bike unattended for any length of time.

Just to show you the lengths I go to when locking my bike up for more than 5 minutes.

4202239898_a932461aa8.jpg

I once locked her up at Shin-Yokohama station in a no parking zone attached to the railings, came back to find the local bike collection people trying to saw through the lock..... they told me they had already ruined 5 blades on the D-Lock without even making it through the protective coating. :D

Back
Top Bottom