What's new

UPDATE 'Start A Conversation' from Avatar.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Another update for you all.

You are now able to start a conversation (private message) with any member directly from their Avatar in any thread they comment in.

The current state of usage of this update is as follows;

-Clicking on 'Start A Conversation' on a users' avatar will bring up a floating window for you to type your message in.
-The users' comment will be quoted automatically in the conversation window.
-Once sent, the conversation can be accessed in the usual way, via your inbox.

We thought this would be a good, speedy way to send messages, which doesn't require going into the Inbox, or accessing the users' profile first.

Please let us know your thoughts on usage, etc.

Currently the colour scheme of the new conversation pop-up window is wrong, and will be fixed in the near future.

Thanks.

Why are they called 'conversations' and not 'private messages', ? Is there anything different? Are there still privacy functions in place?
Can moderators switch into a members 'test as user' or some such and have access to these 'conversations'? This is a very new and exciting version of forum software but I wonder how it all compares with the older versions. And if some things like this are totally different to what has been used in years gone by.

Thanks for the response.

-They are called 'Conversations' by the people who developed the software. We assume this is due to the faster, slicker, more visible to participants nature of the new system.
-There is nothing different; privacy is still in place exactly as with any other forum you may visit. Only the participants of a 'Conversation' have access to any of the content. You will also notice that tagging does not exist in 'Conversations', for further privacy.
-Moderators can not access any account other than their own.

one thing I noticed with this is that you can start a conversation with yourself - when you click on it you get the obvious error popup, but if you can remove that from personal Avatars it would be more slick.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, that would be preferable. We will address this in the near future.

one thing I noticed with this is that you can start a conversation with yourself - when you click on it you get the obvious error popup, but if you can remove that from personal Avatars it would be more slick.
:( Not fair, that was the only way I could get private sexy mail (with pics).
Looks like I have to remember my flickr password. o_O

Update.

You are no longer able to attempt to start conversations with yourself.

I noticed what appears to be a new type of rating for forum members: "Cruising", "Speeding up" and "Maxmimum pace" that is displayed when you click on the avatar of a member. Is this based on the point score?

BTW, the new forum works so much better than other forums I've used. I love how easy it is to see only the latest postings with the least number of mouse clicks.

The new member titles are based on post count. These changes are a small part of a larger update we are working on which will bring in a number of customisations to the member ranking system, and also be linked to an updated 'Hall of Fame' section.

Back
Top Bottom