What's new

Stance width survey

ProRaceMechanic

Maximum Pace
Dec 31, 2009
I would like you all to take a look at your bike and take some measurements, if you would be so inclined to do so.
It may be beneficial to you.

Measure from the center of your frame to the end of your pedal.
Align your crank arm with your seat tube.
It should be easy to find the center of your frame if you have a bottle cage bolt.

Some cranks are off.
Some are the same.
If yours is different, adjust your cleats so that your foot is the same distance away from the center of your bike.

My measurements

Crank: Campagnolo Record 175
Pedal: Speedplay Zero
Left: 15.3 cm
Right: 15.3 cm

Thanks!

Dura Ace FC7710 track 172.5
Speedplay Zero
Left 14.6
Right 15.3

:eek:
This is a NJS crankset. I wonder how many Keirin riders know there q is off?

Dura Ace 7900 standard 53-39 Crank

Dura Ace 7900 pedal

163mm Left and Right. Spot on.

On purpose because they mainly turn left?

1317758884t-zoolander_625x352.jpg

Where you running those pedals before, Pete, or are they new?

If so, how are you finding them? Love mine!

Also, when you measured it, did you go right to the edge of the pedal, to the edge of the fancy extra flared bit on the end?

Where you running those pedals before, Pete, or are they new?

If so, how are you finding them? Love mine!

Also, when you measured it, did you go right to the edge of the pedal, to the edge of the fancy extra flared bit on the end?

I've had them for quite a while now. Remember? My feedback was what motivated you to buy your 7900's. As for measuring, yes all the way to the outside edge. Our pedals are exactly the same. The difference is our cranks. The Hollowgrams have one of the narrowest q-factors on the market. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_factor_%28bicycles%29

Roadbike #1
Shimano CX-70 Hack 172.5
My Alloy / Carbon BB
Look Keo Cleats
15.2 / 15.2

Roadbike #2
Campagnolo SR w/Ti BB 172.5
Campagnolo SR Quills
15.5 / 15.5

I've had them for quite a while now. Remember? My feedback was what motivated you to buy your 7900's. As for measuring, yes all the way to the outside edge. Our pedals are exactly the same. The difference is our cranks. The Hollowgrams have one of the narrowest q-factors on the market. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_factor_%28bicycles%29

Was wracking my brains for a while, then remembered it was your blue cleats I was interested in!

Honestly didn't realise you were riding 7900s. Anyway, all good. Nice pedals!

And yeah, I know what Q-Factor is and was not questioning your figures; I was just wondering where you measured the 7900s to, as they have an extra bit of material on the edge.

:)

FWWI. I set my cleats so my shoes rub the crank arms, then back them off just enough to clear and then add about 1degree of toe-in. More than 32cm of pedal spread and I feel like some of the Shibuya Girls look going all wabi hashii down the JR platform stairs.

For my bike in Japan:
SRAM Red 175mm 53/39
Dura Ace 7810 pedal (? I think...)
164mm left & right

Back
Top Bottom