Stages Power Meter

Dec 18, 2011
Tokyo
Anyone other than myself using a stages power meter? I got one about a month ago but it's my first time using a power meter besides virtual power on trainer road and so far so good. In fact the virtual power calculation from trainer road was a pretty close approximation to the output from the stages pm (only off by about 15 watts), so props to both TR and stages. To boot,I've had a couple of technical questions for the tech staff at stages and they've gotten back to me very quickly. My only issue has been that it was a real PITA to buy one since they don't have a distributor in Japan yet. Others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy in Tokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 16, 2012
Tokyo
@Robert mine has just been shipped out (to a UK address), so I should get it in a week or so. Seems like Stages are having some problems keeping up with demand at the moment.

I'll post something about it once I actually get my hands on it!

Andy in Tokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 16, 2012
Tokyo
It took fookin' ages! Ordered it back in Feb but it was delayed five times due to issues with the supplier.

Ordered through Evans Cycles. Had to have it sent to a UK address because Stages are restricting shipping destinations (could pay with a Japanese credit card, though). Downside to that was I had to pay 20% VAT.

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
Did you pay the price it says on the Stages website? I suppose it will cost something to ship it here but that shouldn't be astronomical.
Delayed five times is madness, I wonder when they'll catch up with demand.

Dec 18, 2011
Tokyo
I ordered thru a brick and mortar shop I used to deal with in Canada. I ordered it and received the power meter within a month. According to the shop, they aren't restricted from shipping to Japan but I had to pay for shipping here

Andy in Tokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 16, 2012
Tokyo
I paid about ¥120,000 incl. postage. You might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere but I simply got sick of trying to find somewhere that would ship it to Japan.

Dec 18, 2011
Tokyo
I bought it from a bike shop that I used to deal with in Canada. If you PM me I'll share details.

As mentioned above, from order to receipt was a month. I've had it for a month now but as I've said it's my first time riding with power but I've had no problems and the techs at stages have been very responsive.

In terms of pros and cons, I'm not savvy enough to comment but dc rainmaker sums up the pros and cons very nicely.