What's new

Spring Boso Run (Sat April 9th)

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
EDIT NOTE: Day changed from Saturday to Sunday!

What: Sociable Boso ride at moderate pace
Where: Start and finish at south exit of Honda Station (誉田) on the JR Sotobo Line (JR外房線), Chiba. Back by 4pm - 5pm
When: Meet at 9:00 AM, rollout 9:15 AM (Sun. April 10th)

Anyone up for a sociable Boso ride next weekend? Only 110 kms, though a little up-and-downy so offers some challenge as well. Classic Boso route down the middle of the peninsula, revisiting a couple of favorite routes (177 and 178) which we haven't done on a TCC ride for a while. Hopefully a good opportunity to shake off some earthquake blues!

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/30860074/?open_ive_done=1

The return leg will be serve as route scouting for Eric's charity ride, and we'll hop onto the toll road for the last little leg back to Honda. Pace will be moderate, and if we have time we'll stop and check out the Yoro River valley along the way. Fairly up-and-down route though, so not recommended for absolute beginners.

In so far:
Eric
Phil

Train info

There's an express train of the Sobu line JR横須賀・総武線快速 that gets into Chiba at 8:24, where you can transfer to the Sotobo Line for four stops to Honda, arr. 8:48.

See you there!

In

Hi Phil,

Thanks very much for organising this - it must 2 or so years at least since I last did this - I'm very much looking forward to it. Please count me in.

Lee

Yes Lee, it's been ages--be good to see you again!

Phil, I really want to join, but not sure how Sat works out for me yet. Will post later.

Saturday is a regular work day for me so it's a no go :eek:uch:

Dunno how I'd survive the hills anyway :eek:

have fun, take pictures! :D

Would love to jointhis ride but our evacue house guest arrives that day.

It looks like we might get rained on this saturday, we'll have to keep a close eye on the weather and hope it changes for the better

Yeah, not looking good, is it? It could change though, so let's make a final decision say, 6pm Friday?

Tentatively...

Yeah, not looking good, is it? It could change though, so let's make a final decision say, 6pm Friday?

If it looks like the rain will hold off, I will be there too.
This will be my first T.I.T (Thanks Steve:D) ride.
Anyway, we'll wait & see what the weather does.
Cheers! T

Hopefully the sun will come out Saturday!!!

Would love to join this - I love your Boso rides Phil - but clashing as it does with the weekend before my first time at Kusatsu I feel obliged to slog it out on some long climbs instead, for all the good it will do me.

As Travis mentioned, it would indeed make a fine T.I.T ride as well. Ah oh well... next time then !

Cancel! :(

Many thanks for all the interest guys (regrets as well), but it looks like there's a good chance of rain tomorrow so probably best to cancel. Darn it, was looking forward to this...

(Eric, there's a chance I could do next Saturday if I get caught up before then. Interested?)

Any chance..

Cancel! :(

Many thanks for all the interest guys (regrets as well), but it looks like there's a good chance of rain tomorrow so probably best to cancel. Darn it, was looking forward to this...

(Eric, there's a chance I could do next Saturday if I get caught up before then. Interested?)

Any chance of heading out on Sunday, instead, Phil?

I'm definitely interested to go next weekend if you are here. I wish I could go Sunday but I have work(T_T)

Yep!

I was saving Sunday for chores, but you know I think I need a bike ride more :)
Want to go Sunday? Same time and place?

If you do your chores tomorrow (while it's raining) it should leave Sunday free anyway... right?:rolleyes:
I need some decent miles, so I'll be riding to Honda from here - Will plan to arrive early so I have time to eat, but will still be looking at a 9:15 roll-out.
Does that sound O.K?
See you then! T

Okay, you twisted my arm...

...so see you then.

Everyone else, if you can make it Sunday, same time, same route, the company would be more than appreciated!

I'll edit the top post, too.

I might be in, but I'm meeting some old mates in town tonight so will need to be careful with the beer. So, if I'm there, I'm there; if not, I'm not.

Back
Top Bottom