What's new

Sports Doctor Recommendations?

Velo-X

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2009
Unfortunately I'm in need of a sports physician. Any recommendations?

I'd prefer a doc that speaks English, but not a requirement.

Thanks,

Lubos

Japanese doc's don't usually fall under that category as far as I know.

Do you have an injury or looking for a doping program?

Australia has many sports physicians and they also specialize in different avenues.

Actually yes they do..... I actually had my knee surgery performed by the Winter Olympic Teams Surgeon over in Kawasaki.

You'll need to get a referal and it will cost you about 3,000 Yen.

If you could post his contact information or send me a PM with it I'd appreciate it.

You can also check out
www.tokyophysio.com

english speaking, but not the cheapest I think. I consulted them this winter after my crash with back numbness problem

Knees?

Another one...

There is a good knee surgeon in Funabashi too who does the soccer players... I was going to get him to do a knee reconstruction 2 years ago...

He used to be here...

Funabashii Sekiei-geka Hospital.

If you could post his contact information or send me a PM with it I'd appreciate it.

You have to get a refered to him by a doctor.... thus the 3,000 yen fee. Also my wife works in the hospital that deals with all the major Keirin Pro's from, Kanagawa and Tokyo..... but its out in the boonies here in Yokohama.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to try the following doctor that I found on the US Embassy Website. I'll let you know how he is.

ANDO'S Orthopedic Clinic
ANDO SEIKEIGEKA
Tel: 03-3350-6956 Fax: 03-3350-6954
Kurihashi Bldg. 3F, 3-13-5 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022
Dr. Chihiro ANDO (BICHAT-Hospital Paris, France, Keio Univ., Orthopedic Association Japan)

From what I've read I think I have a pissed off sciatic nerve which is a big pain in the ass (literally). Ironically, it does not bother me very much or at all on the bike. Sitting in a chair or walking is a whole different matter :)

Lubos

Lubos,

I'm curious to know how your visit went with Dr. Ando at ANDO's Orthopedic Clinic?

I've got a case of Achilles tendonitis that just will not go away and I've finally decided to seek some expert advice.

I'm also looking into Tokyo Physio as others have suggested.

Any input would be appreciated!

PK

Back
Top Bottom