What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted Spoke Tension Meter

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
I'm attempting my first wheel build and because I'm totally tone deaf :> I'm chasing a spoke tension meter, I'm not fussy about the brand, I just need something that works. Let me know if you've got one you're willing to sell.

Thanks

Conrad

I know we have spoken about this off the board, but aside from the fact that it is highly unlikely anyone is going to have one, let alone a spare one (although I would love to be proved wrong), I think this is one tool you just need to buy new, to ensure that you have a perfectly calibrated one. Buying second hand, you are never going to know if the thing has been dropped, or sat on, or whatever, which could throw the tuning of it out.

Also, this is a tool that you will use thousands, if not tens of thousands of times over the course of its long life, as you keep your wheels in perfect true.

With this in mind, the 7000yen-ish outlay for a brand new Park Tool TM-1 is not that bad at all.

This is just my opinion, of course.

If you get stuck for it mate and you really can't be bothered buying one, you can borrow mine. Or you can convince @bawbag to lend you his, although he has probably in a mood with me for slagging off his chain ring choice at the moment so give him a week before broaching the subject. Haha

But yeah, let me know if you want.

Nice one.

Back
Top Bottom