What's new

Spoke suppliers?

RayB

Speeding Up
Mar 3, 2009
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of a spoke supplier or bike shop where they can cut them to length. I am looking to build up a few wheels:eek:

Many thanks,

What length and type (straight/butted etc.) of spokes do you need?

I want to built up some wheels in the near future as well, so if there is crossover perhaps we could share an order/box etc. I will probably be building up a pair or two of DA hubs to either Open Pro CD rims or Ambrosio Excellence rims. Spokes, 2.0 straight or 2.0/1.8 butted.

I am looking for some heavy duty stuff, our measurements are probably way off to share as this will be an internal hub on this wheel. But, I am looking for something like the DT swiss tripple butted alpine III spokes. 13/15/14 I think.

So far I can only find a place called yoshida cycle or something but they dont seem to want to deal with non japanese speakers. I have emailed there a few times in the past never to get a response.

they dont seem to want to deal with non japanese speakers. I have emailed there a few times in the past never to get a response.

Were your emails only in English? If so, it may be more of a case of not being able to respond than not wanting to respond.

But maybe I am missing some details about your contact with Yoshida.

Good luck on the spoke hunt!

Deej

Ray I see you are in Urawa. Best bet would be to go and see the guys at your nearest Seo cycles store with what you want written down. Are you doing the wheel build yourself? http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~seocycle/ click on the bottom second from the left for a map.

Thanks for the links. I will give them a shot. Yes, I will build them myself. First attempt.. yikes.. But, I figure since I have a spare set of wheels why not give it a shot.

Sorry, I should of clarified about Yoshida. But you are correct, I fully expect that its probably becauase they cant respond vs dont want to. Maybe one day my Japanese will be good enough to get by:eek:

If I can suggest you take apart an old wheel and practice on that first, I built hundreds of wheels at the factory and found it helped me at first to see how to pull one to bits first. Of course it helps to have a truing stand, dishing tool, spoke tension guage and preset torque pnuematic nipple wrenches. Maybe thats going to far. This book is also highly recommended. http://www.amazon.com/Art-Wheelbuilding-Reference-Neophytes-Wheelaholics/dp/0964983532 Oh and I hope you have lots of spare time. Goodluck.

Back
Top Bottom