Spoke suppliers?

RayB

Speeding Up
Mar 3, 2009
Urawa
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of a spoke supplier or bike shop where they can cut them to length. I am looking to build up a few wheels:eek:

Many thanks,

Trek DJ

Maximum Pace
Jan 27, 2009
Kobe
What length and type (straight/butted etc.) of spokes do you need?

I want to built up some wheels in the near future as well, so if there is crossover perhaps we could share an order/box etc. I will probably be building up a pair or two of DA hubs to either Open Pro CD rims or Ambrosio Excellence rims. Spokes, 2.0 straight or 2.0/1.8 butted.

RayB

Speeding Up
Mar 3, 2009
Urawa
I am looking for some heavy duty stuff, our measurements are probably way off to share as this will be an internal hub on this wheel. But, I am looking for something like the DT swiss tripple butted alpine III spokes. 13/15/14 I think.

So far I can only find a place called yoshida cycle or something but they dont seem to want to deal with non japanese speakers. I have emailed there a few times in the past never to get a response.

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Setagaya
they dont seem to want to deal with non japanese speakers. I have emailed there a few times in the past never to get a response.
Were your emails only in English? If so, it may be more of a case of not being able to respond than not wanting to respond.

But maybe I am missing some details about your contact with Yoshida.

Good luck on the spoke hunt!

Deej

RayB

Speeding Up
Mar 3, 2009
Urawa
Thanks for the links. I will give them a shot. Yes, I will build them myself. First attempt.. yikes.. But, I figure since I have a spare set of wheels why not give it a shot.

Sorry, I should of clarified about Yoshida. But you are correct, I fully expect that its probably becauase they cant respond vs dont want to. Maybe one day my Japanese will be good enough to get by:eek:

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
If I can suggest you take apart an old wheel and practice on that first, I built hundreds of wheels at the factory and found it helped me at first to see how to pull one to bits first. Of course it helps to have a truing stand, dishing tool, spoke tension guage and preset torque pnuematic nipple wrenches. Maybe thats going to far. This book is also highly recommended. http://www.amazon.com/Art-Wheelbuilding-Reference-Neophytes-Wheelaholics/dp/0964983532 Oh and I hope you have lots of spare time. Goodluck.