What's new

(SPOILERS) Vuelta a España 2012

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Anyone else watching the Vuelta? Stage 3's hilltop finish saw the return of Contador's stinging attack's. I have to say it was fun to watch! This year's running promises to be a good one with numerous mountain top finishes!

I haven't watched the entire stage, but only the final climb - it was super impressive, I counted SIX(!) attacks by Contador, not just accelerations, but real bursts of power. Despite being very strong his moves were short, and it seemed more like he was testing his rivals - maybe just to me.

Worth watching again :)
http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/vuelta-ciclista-a-espana/ascension-integra-puerto-arrate/1510287/

Yeah, I agree. I think he was just trying to shake things up a bit and to see who had the legs and who didn't. In any event, his attacks strongly hint at some upcoming excitement! As I said earlier, it was fun to watch!! While not especially being a Contador fan this made me realize that he's been missed!

Stage 8 - Andorra

Wow, seriously exciting mountain top finish!! Attacks all the way up the final climb! And, just when it looked like Contador had buried the whittled down group of Froome, Rodriguez and Valverde, and looked like he was all set for the stage victory, Rodriguez and Valverde come roaring past him just 15-25 from the finish line making him look like he was standing still! At the end Valverde edged out Rodriquez be about 2 bike lengths! Great stuff!!

Just a heads up to say the last meaningful stage of this year`s race has just gone live. If you can switch off the `doping mindset`, should be fascinating racing. That last climb is an absolute *!?+*%&

Watching this in English?

A little off topic,

But, is anyone watching these on Sky perfect or Jsports and able to watch in English?

Back
Top Bottom