What's new

(SPOILERS) Tour de France 2012

I think its a very good thread, although needs a little more content. :D

I think its a very good thread, although needs a little more content. :D

And your request in about to be fulfilled...

So excellent prologue! Chavanel put in a stellar performance taking the number one spot which he held for quite a while. Then Wiggins bests him but only by fractions of a second. Finally Cancellara comes in and obliterates the field! WOW! Cancellara has one every single TDF prologue that he has started, pretty impressive stuff!

Incredible performance by Cancellara, huge shame about Martin, that really cost him and I think he would have knoocked Wiggo off second and possibly taken Cancellara for the Jersey.

Nice finish... Sagan was on Cancellera's wheel the instant he broke, never seen anyone do that so fast or effortlessly. Once he was latched on for the ride the result was almost inevitable...

Stage 1

Grrr.... damn it! Prior to watching it, I just had Stage 1 spoiled via FaceBook! I'm going to have to stay off of there till the Tour is over! :mad:

Grrr.... damn it! Prior to watching it, I just had Stage 1 spoiled via FaceBook! I'm going to have to stay off of there till the Tour is over! :mad:

I'm sure you'll find you aren't missing much w/o FB.... :p

Prologue was good, watched about half of it. Just coming up to speed with who is who. Of course it's all Team GB overload here, so lots of Cav and Wiggo. Looking forward to the rest of the Tour!

Watching stage 1 now...
Noticed Team SKY riders are wearing yellow helmets, kinda looks out of place to me.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...ling-riders-who-lead-best-team-standings.aspx

Due to changes in rules by ASO, leaders of the team classification now have to wear yellow helmets.

Bit of a TDF trivia: traditionally leaders in the team classification had to wear a yellow dossard (Race number on a yellow Background).

It has been introduced to make it easier for the spectators to spot leaders of different classifications - as the dossard was originally only there for riders or marshals to mark leaders.

Grrr.... damn it! Prior to watching it, I just had Stage 1 spoiled via FaceBook!

Yeah...I confess that during the Giro I was excitedly posting occasional screen caps of results until I realized that they were fairly big spoilers for folk who were watching tape-delayed etc... :eek:

I'm lucky that the live European races fit perfectly into my home schedule: get kids to bed, drink recovery beer, watch race...

Stage 1

Nice finish... Sagan was on Cancellera's wheel the instant he broke, never seen anyone do that so fast or effortlessly. Once he was latched on for the ride the result was almost inevitable...

Finally just got to watch the Stage 1 finish, and you're right Phil! Wow, another extremely impressive win by Sagan!

Just watched it on YouTube...wow. He was 20+ riders back with <2km to go, and still managed to get onto exactly the right wheel for the sprint--3rd wheel behind Greipel 300m to go. (If nothing else, those yellow helmets make it easier to track him in the bunch.)

One good thing about him not having sprint support this year is that it will hopefully drive the final nails in the coffin of the whole "Cav can't win without a train" meme...

Just watched it on YouTube...wow. He was 20+ riders back with <2km to go, and still managed to get onto exactly the right wheel for the sprint--3rd wheel behind Greipel 300m to go. (If nothing else, those yellow helmets make it easier to track him in the bunch.)

One good thing about him not having sprint support this year is that it will hopefully drive the final nails in the coffin of the whole "Cav can't win without a train" meme...

Very true.. it's like shooting two birds with one stone if (big IF) Wiggins wins the Yellow and if (big IF) Cav wins the Green...
Did you see the interview with Griepel? Was complaining he was used by Cav... Lol.. he was the one always drafting Cav during last year's TDF.

Did you see the interview with Griepel? Was complaining he was used by Cav... Lol..

Wow, did he say that? That's a bit strange. Does he know how sprinting works?

Griepel seems an affable enough guy, but I haven't been a fan since the time a few years ago when Cav gifted him a win (Griepel was leading Cav out, but both were way ahead of the bunch; Cav saw this, didn't sprint, and let Griepel go over the line first) but claimed he'd been faster than Cav and beaten him straight up...

It was in steephill.tv... Griepel post-stage interview...
I think he is hellbent on proving that he is better than Cav..

You guys are spelling wrong; it's Greipel, not Griepel.
Or wait... was it Gripe-el ?:D

Back
Top Bottom