What's new

(SPOILER ALERT) Tour de France 2013

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Wow, what a crazy finish to Stage 1, with the Omega Pharma (correction, it was Orica Green Edge) team bus getting stuck in the finish line, the finish line being moved to the 3km to go banner, the bus finally getting removed, changing the finish line back to the finish line, and the big pile up that delayed or took out Cavendish, Sagan and Greipel! Total Mayhem!! Argos Shimano was fortunate to not get caught up in the crash and did a superb job of providing Kittel the sprint train taking him to the original finish line for the win!

Stage 2 and 3 look like the are going to be good!

A farce.

Badly handled from start to finish: a catastrophe that never should have happened in the first place.

Cavendish makes a very good comment about the UCI:

I'd love an explanation from @UCI_cycling as to why time was neutralised on yesterday's stage, but not points. Were only GC riders affected?

No wonder those little leprechauns can climb haha

tumblr_mp7trfMWFL1rs3h6xo1_1280.jpg

Wow, exciting Stage 2 finish! Big props to Bakelants for holding on and taking the stage victory and the Yellow Jersey by a one second margin, and to Sagan for taking second sprinting out of the peloton. I have to admit I am rooting for Sagan in a big way for the Green Jersey so I was happy to see him jump up to second in the classification with 49 points. He put a little gap into the other two main contenders, Greipel @ 30pts and Cavendish @ 25pts. This is going to be exciting to watch!

Additionally, how scenic and beautiful is Corsica... wow!! It's definitely been added to my must visit list now!

More great roads being shown in stage 3. Descents with your name all over them!
I have gone for Cav in my fantasy teams but am kind of regretting it a bit so far. He could be bluffing and I hope he is. Sagan looks strong.

Yeah I want to go to Corsica too - proves the Tour works as intended!

Felt a bit sorry for Millar. Missed out on yellow by a second I think?

tomorrow? It's on NOW spoiler-dude!!

Yeah, I am watching the Tour with about a 12-18 hour delay. I need my English commentary and I need my HD! That's one of the reasons I started this thread. I don't want people posting results everywhere willy-nilly. Keep it focused in one place!

Yeah, I am watching the Tour with about a 12-18 hour delay. I need my English commentary and I need my HD! That's one of the reasons I started this thread. I don't want people posting results everywhere willy-nilly. Keep it focused in one place!

fair enough. well, i can tell you who is winning.....

or stop reading now. :)

nice, photo finish on the sprint!

Brave effort by Dumoulin at the end.....

But Gerrans takes it.
(who is gerrans?!?)

nice, photo finish on the sprint!

Brave effort by Dumoulin at the end.....

But Gerrans takes it.
(who is gerrans?!?)

You don't know Gerro?
For starters he was the 2012 Australian Road Race Champion.
Also won Milan San Remo.
Has been performing well for years.

You don't know Gerro?
For starters he was the 2012 Australian Road Race Champion.
Also won Milan San Remo.
Has been performing well for years.

Fair enough....bit new to the pro scene, mostly just grand tours. Tried paying some attention to the classics and others this year tho...getting there......

Back
Top Bottom