What's new

(SPOILER ALERT) Tour de France 2013

Wow, exciting Stage 2 finish! Big props to Bakelants for holding on and taking the stage victory and the Yellow Jersey by a one second margin, and to Sagan for taking second sprinting out of the peloton. I have to admit I am rooting for Sagan in a big way for the Green Jersey so I was happy to see him jump up to second in the classification with 49 points. He put a little gap into the other two main contenders, Greipel @ 30pts and Cavendish @ 25pts. This is going to be exciting to watch!

Additionally, how scenic and beautiful is Corsica... wow!! It's definitely been added to my must visit list now!

Cavendish or Sagan for the green - think they are both great riders for very different reasons and love the fact that they both have personalities. Something seriously lacking in the GC

They said Cav is suffering from bronchitis and on antibiotics, could that explain his lack of wins so far?

They said Cav is suffering from bronchitis and on antibiotics, could that explain his lack of wins so far?

probably doesn't help, but I think the reason is more 1. a big crash and 2. some hills and he got dropped. Only 4 stages in.... still some time for him.

I have been expecting better form on the hills from him this time around. His physique has changed a bit and he is determined to win more stages this TDF.
Sagan looked good on the hills on stage 3.

I have been expecting better form on the hills from him this time around. His physique has changed a bit and he is determined to win more stages this TDF.
Sagan looked good on the hills on stage 3.
I know it's early days, but I think Sagan's looking much stronger and a much more likely prospect for Green. As for GC, it's all Sky unless there's a major upset. Loved watching them do the TTT.

We've got a long way to go, but I like the lead that Sagan has built in the Green Jersey points competition thus far! And what a TTT by OricaGreen Edge!

Yes, but if he's going toe to toe with Sagan, and he has had chances to win, then Cav just isn't able to create them....yet.

Just impatient to see him win, that's all;)

Yes, but if he's going toe to toe with Sagan, and he has had chances to win, then Cav just isn't able to create them....yet.

He's been doing pretty well to say he's been sick and been on antibiotics. Looking forward to seeing him when he is back to 100%.

Sagan will be better when there are big hills and climbs in a stage over Cav any day. Sagan won't go as well in a real sprint stage I don't think...but he could prove me wrong. Cav can perform well after getting over mountains sometimes but it doesn't suit him to. I'm sure he hasn't even tried yet. Waiting for the right stages. We may see him go for a few intermediate sprints as well when the peloton is all together. They will be vital this year.

Cav looked like a different rider to a few days ago. Nobody looked remotely like challenging him then.

ba-boom. Good to see cav come through. I also thought he was looking good this year so chose him over sagan in the fantasy league.....

Excellent, looked like no problem in the sprint. If Sagan had a proper leadout train things might be different, but even then I think he can't beat Cav's power.

And respect to the team for their riders wearing proper caps in interviews and on the podium.

great come back after a crash by Cav - no more gas in the tank after a crazy efffort to get back to the lead group?

Back
Top Bottom