What's new

Specialized - too special?

Honestly - I think it gets back to a lack of facilities to do easy 'home maintenance'

This is an issue here, but my wife and neighbors are pretty cool about this stuff, so I am defiantly looking into buying a repair stand and DIY!

Veering slightly off to the side, but in the UK, I have never had a problem getting Specialized stuff; rode their MTBs and racing BMXs for years.

This is a first for me as well, I have been riding Specialized for about 17 years

Possibly a 'Japan' thing, but such speculation may be misplaced (or not)

Yeah, I really love Specialized.

I had a Rockhopper in Aluminium, then Stumpjumper, and ended up with an S-Works hardtail. Amazing bikes; love the way they look and ride. Definitely would ride one again.

not the biggest specialized fan but at Y's we've basicly stopped carrying specialized not exactly sure why

Yeah unfortunately I'm having a poor experience with specialized, but I have since concluded that it may not be a Specilaized thing and more of a communication thing - at least for this particular situation.

Perhaps it has something to do with their focus, that is, which markets they wish to focus on, or not, as the case may be.

I too have always loved the look, feel, and performance of Specialized, but I do always give other manufactures a whirl when I am selecting new gear.

not the biggest specialized fan but at Y's we've basicly stopped carrying specialized not exactly sure why

I'm aware of this, I've been to the Tamagawa store and was surprised at the lack of stock. As was mentioned earlier, dealers in Japan may not have the luxury of becoming too specialized (no pun intended)

Why not take it to the Spacialized flag ship store in Tokyo?

Back
Top Bottom