What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Specialized Langster 2011 (fixed gear) size 56cm - well maintained, 55000 JPY

kubatyszko

Speeding Up
Jul 29, 2012
Specialized Langster model 2011.

Frame size : seat-tube length 56cm , top-tube length 56.5cm
gearing 47x21 (my favorite all-round gearing ratio) - this gives a tad over 30km/h at 100RPM, that's low enough for the steepest of hills but still high enough for 30-40km dash on the flat road.

I bought it in London in mid-2013 and brought it to Japan in late 2013.

Changes and upgrades since I bought it:

*) Brand new headset installed - July 2013
*) Brand new custom made wheels - July 2013, bought from v-sprint.com, Miche Primato track hubs laced to Omega Mach rims ( 21mm deep )
The rear hub is dual-sided - fixed/singlespeed with a 21teeth fixed cog.
*) Deda Crononero Low rider pursuit handlebar 44cm wide, position 6cm below stem - July 2013
*) Cane Creek 200TT brake levers - July 2013

*) Race Face Evolve stem 90mm 6 degrees- January 2014
*) Sugino Bottom Bracket CBB-F-103 - January 2014
*) Sugino RD-2 Messenger Crankset - January 2014

*) Origin-8 Chainring 47 teeth - March 2014 (you may ask why 47 and not 48 - that's because 47 is a prime number and gives more braking patches on the tire)
*) Fizik Arione CX Saddle - March 2014
*) Seatpost FSA SL-280 - March 2014

*) Tektro brakes with new braided wires - Mid-2015
*) KMC Chain - replaced in Mid-2015
*) Wheels had the machine bearings replaced in Mid-2015
*) New bar tape installed in Early-2016

cog,chainring and chain are 1/8" wide

front wheel currently has a 25mm Panaracer Closer and rear has a 23mm Continental Gatorskin tire.

The bike alone cost me about $500 and the upgrades/maintenance over time cost me another $450 or so.

Selling for 55000 JPY

Bike comes with Shimano 105 road clipless pedals, ideally you should bring compatible shoes but with a bit of caution the pedals are large enough to get you home even with sneakers.

I am 183cm tall (6 feet) and the bike fits me perfectly, it should fit any rider between 165-185cm.
My ideal frame size is 57cm and this frame feels really swift and agile, especially with properly adjusted chain length that keeps the wheelbase short, yet the bike is very stable and easy to control - I've done rides as long as 70km on it without any issues.

You can see the cockpit in action on this video (start at 5:00), the bike comes without autopilot.

There are a few things installed that do not come with the bike either:

Light mount (front and back), GPS mount, speed/cadence sensor, seatpost rear-facing camera mount.

Decisive buyer will get a few extras: wire code lock, lockring removal wrench for fixed cog, crank puller, lightly used gatorskin tire, pedal wrench with 14/15mm nut wrench (works on both wheels)

For some reason I couldn't upload images to the forum, so I put them on imguer:

Last edited:
Having seen this bike in person and ridden alongside it, I can say that whoever buys it will be getting a very good bike at a decent price.

GLWS.

Having seen this bike in person and ridden alongside it, I can say that whoever buys it will be getting a very good bike at a decent price.

GLWS.

Thanks Dom, nowhere as nice as your NJS but I love mine and it's tough having to part with it...

Back
Top Bottom