What's new

Some help from a new member

David Rayson

Warming-Up
Jul 7, 2010
Hello from Melbourne in Australia, I would like to come to Japan in October to participate in an organised cycling event. This could be any form, road riding, cross country, even inline skating. I am unable to speak or read Japanese so I need a bit of help. Does anyone know of any such events or could give any advice.
I have been to Tokyo for a short time before and I need any excuse to return to your wonderful city and country.
David

Top 10 Likely 'excuses' :

1) The weather in Japan is marginally better than Melbourne.
2) I met a 'student' online and need to teach a private class.
3) October is one of the few months the weather is hospitible to cycling (and inline skating)
4) I'm currently abstaining from alcohol and there is no Octoberfest in Japan
5) A large Japanese trading company has kidnapped me

Any more? Comeone - we need at least 10 !!

9) You want to practice slamming those automatic taxi doors.
10) You want to teach english in Japan

ITS JAPAN! you don't need any other excuse.

Japanese women are Awesome

There excellent mothers and great cooks too. Well, mine is:D

Also, you will be suprised how many speak a little English, but still practice Nihon as much as possible. usually high school kids can help you if you need help, they can speak usually some English.

Thank you all for your suggestions, it worked!

A mate and I are coming to Tokyo on the 5th of October we are going to do the Chiba ride on the 9-10 of October. Then we intend to catch the train to Nagano and cycle back to Tokyo arriving back in Tokyo on the 16th. If anyone has any suggestions that would be fantastic we dont leave Tokyo until the 19th October so if anyone would like to meet a couple of Aussie cyclists lets have a beer somewhere.

Thanks again
David

Back
Top Bottom