What's new

So you think you deserve to host the Olympics?

Yeah the lack of parks claim is a bit weird. I live near Shakujikoen, a lovely woodland park. 10 minutes north of that is Hikarigaoka, with its rather large open park. My office is just next to the park in Yushima, where I sometimes spend my lunchtime rowing around the lake. Etc etc.

Then move!
I live in the Jindaiji area of Chofu, no buildings over 3 floors allowed. Lots of greenery and trees, huge parks, a botanical garden, tanuki wandering the streets at night, snakes, lizards,frogs and unfortunately Mosquitos in the back garden.
All 20 mins from my door to Shinjuku or 21 to Shibuya.

Yeah, I'm less than 40km from the heart of Tokyo. Can see Mt Fuji, can see the Sky Tree... but more so I see plenty of parks, with plenty of grass and trees...
No buildings allowed over 10m in my neighborhood. Most of the neighbors are young families with toddlers. The kids near here have plenty of nature right at their doorsteps.

Yokohama :D Discussing which park to go to is a cause of many an argument between my kids.

Japan's lack of medals isn't because of a lack of parks.....
More a lack of Jamaicans, Somalis, Nigerians..... and sports funding!

Nah, it's crap coaching in the first exposure to the sports and then relentless ineffective repetition which burns the ambition and passion out of young athletes. There is also a huge reward for mediocrity where being a semi remarkable fish in a small pond can still earn you a good amount of adulation and cash. How many keirin guys kick on and win medals? How many pro baseball guys kick on and play in the MLB. How many soccer players? Tennis?
International sporting success should be a numbers game but it's not here.

Plus I would say the Japanese wouldn't dope near as much as other countries. Would be very rare. The cyclists seem to be as clean as clean can be in Japan.

ow many keirin guys kick on and win medals?

They won't pass the dope control period and it's also why Chris Hoy never came out and race Pro here in Japan even though the prize money is crazy out here.

Plus I would say the Japanese wouldn't dope near as much as other countries. Would be very rare. The cyclists seem to be as clean as clean can be in Japan.

So clean as clean can be - I doubt it you need to listen to the talk back stage.

How many pro baseball guys kick on and play in the MLB. How many soccer players? Tennis?

Baseball? lots
Soccer? quite a few
Tennis? Yawn....who cares.
You are spot on about the pointless repetitive "practice". Especially at school level.

Back
Top Bottom