What's new

So what are your biking plans for June

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
Since much of the restriction have been cancelled, I hope to take a train ride down to Miyazaki around the middle of June. Rent a bike and see what I can see and visit for about 3 or 4 days. Hope the trains are in service. The train ride seems to be a 12 hour ride. Yikes. Hotel rate says 4500 yen per night. But the office closes around 10 pm so I might have to sleep over at Miyazaki station for the night. Or find another hotel. Any of been to Miyazaki prefecture. I heard its beautiful down there.

Sounds like a nice plan! Why don't you bring your own bike on the train (instead of renting)?

My plans in June: drop more pounds. That's all. :)

I don't want to be caught off guard at the train stations where there is only like 2 minutes to get to the other train. If I have to climb up the stairs and down, I'll never make it in time. The shinkansen train is like over 20000 yen. Regular train is around 9 thousand yen. This will be a trial dry run for me. My plan is to make it to Okinawa eventually. After that, I want to do the Shikoku Island tour.
I've waited too long to escape from this house. LOL

Oh, and my plan is to drop 15 pounds as quick as I can also. Stopped with the beer and downed 3.6 kilos in one month so far. My idea weight is between 125 to 130 pounds.

June. Minimum of 600km, max of 850km maybe.

Got some unwell family so family care and support will be a priority, but I'll need to make sure I keep my riding up.

I'm still avoiding trains so rinko bike bag rides still not a thing for me, so lots of rides between 25-75km from home. Before this years nasty typhoon rainy season gets here need to do some big rides.

June. Minimum of 600km, max of 850km maybe.

Got some unwell family so family care and support will be a priority, but I'll need to make sure I keep my riding up.

I'm still avoiding trains so rinko bike bag rides still not a thing for me, so lots of rides between 25-75km from home. Before this years nasty typhoon rainy season gets here need to do some big rides.
YOUR FUTURE!!!!

1591066233846.png

Find time in between the 2 full time jobs to keep it up on the trainer. Would love to get outdoors but am scared of the negative amount of situational awareness I've observed. Needs drastic improvement.

No plan. Maybe try to do more Zwifting to improve FTP so I'm not so painfully slow at climbing on the weekend excursions. Then again, maybe not. At least with Zwift, I can focus on training without worrying about either getting run over by a car, running over pedestrians, or having to stop at all the signs and lights.

I've noticed recently about the unawareness of drivers just not with it anymore. Cycling at the moment seem to be more of a mental exercise then a physical exercise of staying healthy. But being aware and keeping aware is good for us. Sharpens our survival skills on the road.

Some people here seem totally comfortable with riding on busy and narrow streets. It amazes me how they can manage it. If the streets are wide or have a good shoulder, I'm OK with it, but there are so many places where the roads narrow and traffic is fast. After having experienced lots of very close passes, I have grown pretty skittish of such places. I just don't trust drivers anymore to pay attention to the road (vs. texting or watching TV on their nav systems). And then there are the impatient guys who try to get around when there is an oncoming car and the road is too narrow for them to pass without a very close pass or forcing me to the gutter. To each their own, but for me, I've grown very averse to those roads and avoid them like the plague. At my age, the last thing I need is a crash that impacts future mobility (or worse). That's why, whenever I can, I rinko out of town on the trains and spend most of my time in the mountains now on little used roads or gravel trails. I come back mentally refreshed instead of frazzled from having survived several near death experiences. OTOH, maybe I'm just a wimp.

27 more on Zwift today with FTP builder day 3, but hard to spike from 90/125 w to 280 w for just 10 seconds (?!?)
Liking this continued work from home stuff. Lunch rides are good. Space Force on Netflix in between sweaty work e-mail reads is good.

This is indeed my future.

I've missed a week or so of my FTP builder training after a week plus off due to WFH neck pain. My home office setup could be better it seems.

I did go out for a couple of rides the last week, actually got 266km this week. Noticed how much stronger I've become especially around the palace and several roads I've ridden many times. Got myself a PR on Kagurazaka hill to take 59/1112 place. Yahoo.

Noticed just how badly I handled the heat after being indoors so long, so take care out there everyone. Will see how I can mix indoor training with outdoor riding/commuting over the next few weeks. This whole COVID-19 is making things a pain in the neck for me. It's tense enough already bringing my bike inside the house but if I have a bike I've ridden outside I'll need to fully wash, Dry, disinfect before I can bring it back in to use on the trainer.
Will see how things play out. I need to get out of the house but the amount that the missus carries on like a goose with our decontamination process at home in a huff and puff (still ffs) I might keep my Fairdale for outside rides and Trek for indoors.

This is indeed my future.

I've missed a week or so of my FTP builder training after a week plus off due to WFH neck pain. My home office setup could be better it seems.

I did go out for a couple of rides the last week, actually got 266km this week. Noticed how much stronger I've become especially around the palace and several roads I've ridden many times. Got myself a PR on Kagurazaka hill to take 59/1112 place. Yahoo.

Noticed just how badly I handled the heat after being indoors so long, so take care out there everyone. Will see how I can mix indoor training with outdoor riding/commuting over the next few weeks. This whole COVID-19 is making things a pain in the neck for me. It's tense enough already bringing my bike inside the house but if I have a bike I've ridden outside I'll need to fully wash, Dry, disinfect before I can bring it back in to use on the trainer.
Will see how things play out. I need to get out of the house but the amount that the missus carries on like a goose with our decontamination process at home in a huff and puff (still ffs) I might keep my Fairdale for outside rides and Trek for indoors.
I have started do some of my last few minutes of indoor workouts with the fans off to get a little heat adaption in.

Can we expect a very hot summer this year. So far, the weather has been very mild for May and the first part of June.

Back
Top Bottom