What's new

So I've narrowed it down to buying the bike insurance at 7-11 (need your input )

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
My insurance with Sompo expires this June 14 th and its time for new insurance. I just can't afford the premium at Sompo. ( I bought the "Best" policy which covers the cost of an attorney if needed ), but the 20000 yearly rate, nope , not this time around.
So at 7-11 the cost is about 4000 yen a year. Have any of you bought this and actually had to file a claim. If so, how was the service and upfront cost that you had to pay for hospitalization of clinic fees.

Thanks

Seems to me the policy is barebones and no frills.

My "premium package" of AU Sompo (including legal assistance) amounts to 12,000 JPY p.a. which is not cheap but well worth it. I am not sure what else the "best policy" you mentioned offers.

I've used 7/11 insurance for the whole family but have never had to claim anything. Sorry can't help. And probably if I was in hospital it would be my wife doing the claim on my behalf.

My "premium package" of AU Sompo (including legal assistance) amounts to 12,000 JPY p.a. which is not cheap but well worth it. I am not sure what else the "best policy" you mentioned offers.

I'll check the paper work and see what it says.

Well, yesterday I went to 7-11 and signed up for the 3990 yen insurance plan. Sad to say, I'm not sure what it all covers, but the wife says it has attorney "help advice" on its policy.
The thing is this, I've had 4 bikes in the past and didn't even think of bike insurance, heck, I didn't even know it existed. But last year after investing about a grand on a bike with options and the insurance policy and also camping gear, I realized for the first time 2 things. 1. insurance and 2. helmet.
I hope to have a second safe year of cycling. Although much has change on the safety of riding, this one things stands out the most and that is, drivers and pedestrians DO NOT PAY attention to their surroundings. This has made me more of a mind reader and kept me an alert cyclist.
Let's all stay safe this summer and enjoy the ride.
I have plans to cycle and use the train soon. Of course I have to think of the corona virus since it is a very real problem on the trains, but...

Is it possible to take photo on an Android and then post it on the forum?

I finally got around to renewing my 7/11 insurance tonight after many years of inactivity.
My racing club will now allow me to attend rides. I've not been allowed access to the team website or ride with them due to the club's rules.
Must have insurance, must have a helmet must even wear gloves.

They are still though, not having group rides due to Corona but it's nice to feel like I belong again.

Start my commutes again on Monday as I don't need to start work so early this year.

Back
Top Bottom