What's new

Snort & Spitter

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
:gun:

Just got home from Sunday training and was almost going to crash tackle this guy...

Just as I started to head home this guy passes me... at a nice pace... so I decide to get a bit of a lift and maybe say 'hello' as he was a gaijin who I hadn't seen riding before on the Edo river...

Then he started cleaning his nasal passages all over me...
:eek:

I thought... Fucken Hell!!!! what is he thinking....????

So I decided to jump in front of him for a bit and pull him along...

Then he sprints past me and starts cleaning his nose again....

This time I yell at him in Japanese... 'OI, naniyattenno??? :ninja:

And let him stay about 100m in front of me while I decided whether to crash tackle him or let him get away...

Then the race was on... he was trying to get away but I kept my pace and finally he started to slow down a bit....

One last time I start to approach and there he goes again... snort snort snort...spit....

Really pissed by now I pull up beside him and smile at him ...

Me: Hi!

Him: No ingrish...

Me: Furansu?

Him: Supein...

Me: Nihongo daijobu?

Him: daijyobu...

and then we had a short chat...

By this stage it would seem stupid to just punch him so I stayed friendly...

we chatted a bit...

Still unsure if he was snotting all over me on purpose...

I let him ride off when I got to my turn off...

LOOK BEGFORE YOU SNORT!!!!!

If anybody knows this guy...tell him I forgive him...

Good advice. I also get occasionally showered by one of the TCC members. He is clearly not doing it on purpose, but would be nice to be mindful of others (even if you don't mind getting showered yourself!).

On the snot thing...

I regularly read and hear people moaning about snot and spitting, and honestly, in all my riding life, I have never ever felt the need to spit, let alone clear my nose.

I have raced cross country for my local bike shop, raced BMX, ridden BMX street, now riding road, and in all that time, I have never filled up with snot to the point where I want to eject.

Maybe I have a low snot output...

Surely having a gob up or a snot out, if you need to do it, would be something that would be done in the opposite direction of anyone closely behind.

Any behaviour other than this indicates a severe lack of class.

Pretty much agree with the above. General lack of class as well as an apparent lack of apology after doing it.

The art of snot rockets.

Peleton ethos dictate that one should not just 'turn and blow', but rather tip the head slight as is if to glance at the pursurer, then provide a small bit of 'chaff' from either left or right 'chaff tube' as required. This keep this rocket low and actually serves to coat the rear riding member's lower torso and legs rather than the upper body (yech). BTW - not sure how it works in Japan, but getting caught behind someone relieving their bladder is far worse - in my opiion. Nearly worth getting beaned with a spare water bottle.

Again, not sure who you guys are riding with...

Honestly never experienced anything like this.

Then welcome to the world of road-race cycling!
Ewww. You're not making it sound attractive.

Still, as folks are talking about failing to vomit because they weren't trying hard enough on the hill climb, maybe OP came off lightly with mucus.

--HF Mike--

I spent 15 minutes trying to find an online clip showing the moment in 'An Officer and a Gentleman' (1982) where Foley says "I don't wanna see nothing comin' out of your mouths!" Failed. Never mind.

Back
Top Bottom