What's new

UPDATE Smilies

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Hi

With the new update we just did, we now have a lot more control over the smilies used on the site, so thought now would be a good time to design some unique ones.

Here are the current ones;

xenforo-smilies-sprite.png

(Excuse the low resolution; these were zoomed from the standard small size image files)

So, these are pretty generic, and not related to cycling or more specifically TCC.

If any of you would like to redesign any of these in any way, we can use your ideas to update the images so we get a more personalised set of smilies.

Feel free to get your ideas down in any way you like; scribbled on the back of the receipt for your daily 6 cans of Chu-Hi Strong from 7-11 with a burnt match and then faxed to us, a grainy black and white photo of the image you drew in lipstick on the bathroom mirror of the motel you spent the night in with that sailor you met in TGI Friday,. etc.

We will recreate whatever you provide and update the smilies as we go.

You can work out which smilies are which by yourself, because you are so clever.

Cheers

Alright, I will get the ball rolling.

These are the standard smilies....

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

We can redesign these first, then move on to replacing the more obscure ones in the current pack. I have activated the extra ones that were previously not available before the update, to get things started. The new ones are...

:alien::ashamed::beard::warau::chinese::crafty::cry::devil::feet::flip::glasses::innocent::love::merde::ninja::nose::shutup::sick::sleep::sly::gomen::tdown::tup

That is 35 smilies in total now. We can replace any of these ones if you think they are not that good, so feel free to suggest new ones / design some yourself and put your sketches / complete 3D renders here.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :mad:
    • :confused:
    • :cool:
    • :p
    • :alien:
    • :ashamed:
    • :beard:
    • :D
    • :warau:
    • :chinese:
    • :crafty:
    • :cry:
    • :devil:
    • :feet:
    • :flip:
    • :glasses:
    • :innocent:
    • :love:
    • :merde:
    • :ninja:
    • :nose:
    • :shutup:
    • :sick:
    • :sleep:
    • :sly:
    • :gomen:
    • :tdown:
    • :tup
    • :eek:
    • :oops:
    • :rolleyes:
Testing ~ Any chance you can include stamps? o_O

Thanks. I obviously hadn't tested all of these first before posting, despite programming the smilies xml sheet to handle the new range of images. Glad you were here to help out.

OK, while we all wait to find out what @jecjec81 means, here is a template for you all to get to work on.

Design whatever you like with this, and upload it to this thread. Don't worry about the quality of your work; we will remake it for you, if the idea is good and add it to the existing smilies.

Please keep your design within the grey box. The circle is there as a guideline, so don't feel that you have to design something necessarily circular, as long as you stay within the grey area, that is fine.

Smilies.png
...right click, save-as or whatever it is you do on a Mac, edit it in MSPaint, save and reupload. Or print it, take it to work and doodle on it as you pretend to do what you are paid for.

Some artists are not born, they are discovered
DfZjlMb.jpg

So YOU are Banksy!!!

Good start sir! Lets run with the robbing of Strava theme.

a9azuqu4.jpg

I found most of the smiley's aren't showing using tapatalk... But I am not very familiar and I suppose this aren't fully supported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an issue with Tapatalk and not us. I will investigate this later. For now, lets get designing a load of ridiculous smilies.

You still haven't said what you mean by 'stamps'.

I was actually talking about "stickers" which is very popular in Line.. But I remember this is TCC and I'm not gonna be using those "Love Love stickers" unless my wife or my special cycling friends started posting here !!! So pls ignore.. :)

Does the name jecjec81 mean you were born in 1981?

Haha you're interested with me now..

NO! That's the number of women I've slept with......

In my dreams...

Seriously, Yes!

:flip:

It would be cool to have that roll an inch or so left to right and back (seen elsewhere). And maybe some others would benefit from movement within the smiley itself--toasting a couple beer mugs, a cyclist doing some aerials, a bike slaloming downhill, slow hillclimb, etc. Maybe a smiley being splatted by tomatoes? A cyclist in the rain?

And maybe even one of a bike that, over a second or so, its stem stretches out to the proper length...?

But really all that's trivial.

I think it would be far superior to have the wiki thing active/usable. My guess, but the wiki would attract more eyes than even the most outrageous collection of smileys.

:flip:

It would be cool to have that roll an inch or so left to right and back (seen elsewhere). And maybe some others would benefit from movement within the smiley itself--toasting a couple beer mugs, a cyclist doing some aerials, a bike slaloming downhill, slow hillclimb, etc. Maybe a smiley being splatted by tomatoes? A cyclist in the rain?

And maybe even one of a bike that, over a second or so, its stem stretches out to the proper length...?

I think it would be far superior to have the wiki thing active/usable. My guess, but the wiki would attract more eyes than even the most outrageous collection of smileys.

Here we go again. Telling me how to do my job is not contributing, or helpful in any way whatsoever.

I hear you on the animated smilies, however.

Here we go again. Telling me how to do my job is not contributing, or helpful in any way whatsoever.

Okay, sorry. :(

Back
Top Bottom