What's new

Tech Smart Trainer Maintenance

Ruda

Maximum Pace
Nov 22, 2019
Hey
Recently, my really expensive Tacx Neo 2 started overheating. I tried to contact garmin (both in english and garmin japan), and they do recognize that the unit is defective, but since i bought it from wiggle, i get no support at all.
I`m still waiting for wiggle`s response about it, but the warranty has already expired, so expectations are low.

I imagine there would be some hidden/ mystical shop that could be able to repair this kind of problem, but i have no clue on how to search for it.
Does anyone know of anything like that in Japan?

Are those teeny tiny vanes enough to generate cooling? You could try a box fan blowing at it for the time being.

Quick google shows a spare part users can replace themselves
How about you order the part from Garmin, or ebay, and do it yourself?
presuming it's a worn out bearing?
Looks like links @Rizzi mentioned are working, $70 US for a replacement part:

Not a bearing related problem, as far as i can tell.
Explaining a little bit further: 10 minutes (or something like that) into the ride, the resistance drops and a strong smell of burning comes from the trainer. The fans dont spin at all and the LEDs dont show the overheating. SO i`m assuming the problem is the thermostat (which seems to be kinda common).
Most of the quick google searches don`t help me at all, since everyone got their unit replaced within warranty.

Are those teeny tiny vanes enough to generate cooling? You could try a box fan blowing at it for the time being.
They have been so far :flip:
I did try to point my huge fan directly to the trainer, but it didn`t help much. Im wondering if the internal fans are designed to move the heat from the inside, instead of throwing air from the outside.

Back
Top Bottom