UPDATE Small Update. Possible downtime.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Running a small update, so expect the site to come and go over the next few hours.

Nice one.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
This is mainly in preparation of a big new feature roll out, which we have finally managed to complete with some serious effort from some extremely helpful people (more on that soon as we get it completed)

The copy and paste issue has been sent as an official bug to the guy who coded the responsive plug in used for iOS. We have an update of that system ready to install; whether or not it fixes it or not, will remain to be seen. This is a paid plug-in (we bought it), and includes support, so rather than diving in and fixing it myself, I decided to let the vendor deal with it, seeing as that is part of the service. Which means it has taken longer than it should have, but that is the way we have decided to go about it. Apologies for the delay on that, but I hope it makes sense how it is being handled.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Nah I want to get it sorted, for defo.

There was an update to the plug in today which I will install later.

I think the issue with pasting in iOS might actually be due to a flickering issue on small logos (which is what the Paste button essentially is).

Will see if the latest update has this sorted. If not, I will get on to them, or go in and fix it myself.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
A few more small updates incoming, so expect more downtime / graphical oddness while we get it done.

Cheers

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Nice one.

Today has been mental. As part of the new feature we have lined up, which we have been building from scratch ourselves, I needed to update the core system, and then the associated add ons which ride on top of this system.

Started that, then glanced down at my iPhone and saw a system update pending. Added complexity and testing created in an instant right there.

It actually turned out pretty good though as part of the iOS update was a better handling of the thing that was making the paste logos flicker.

Thought all the issues were over and started to do the final update of the new mobile responsive system. This obviously went tits up though due to the vendors trying to over-under-complicate the process. Have spent the whole rest of the day undoing that bollocks, and have got it back in shape but not perfect

Tomorrow will be spent bringing our new feature in line with these updates and then launching it both on here and also handing it over to the general Internet community for use on their sites. A world exclusive. Haha.

Once that is done, the next step will be to supercharge the live streaming video features to make things more inclusive and interactive and allow people to watch events and rides live on their rigs in their labs.

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Thank you for all your hard work, allowing us to embed Grindr profiles and virtually everything else.

Is there a timeline for addressing the scandalous lack of cycling-specific or Japan/Tokyo specific smilies/emoji?

This standard set...

...is not becoming to such a smart site.

How are historians supposed to make sense of the emotions conveyed in this contribution from @Doug3, for example?

And only 4 major traffic violations in the first 1 and a half minutes. :bike2: At least they weren't red lights... :cop:

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, that is doable.

Feel free to mock up as many as you like, and post them here, or in a dedicated thread. Once they start to take shape, I will make proper versions of them all and upload.