sink your teeth into concrete doughnuts

echothree

Speeding Up
Sep 8, 2008
Mitaka
Anyone up for a 3 peaks ride this weekend ? Preferably we'll be pushing the pace reasonably hard with minimal combini breaks. Leaving Hashimoto around 7:30am... I'm free either saturday or sunday, so if there are any preferences...?

Philip

Speeding Up
Feb 15, 2007
Setagaya
Anyone up for a 3 peaks ride this weekend ? Preferably we'll be pushing the pace reasonably hard with minimal combini breaks. Leaving Hashimoto around 7:30am... I'm free either saturday or sunday, so if there are any preferences...?
Hi Clay,

I would like to join you.

I must warn you I did my first ride in many months last week. Therefore I will be slow on the hills. I can keep going no problem - just slow :) If I am not able to keep up feel free to push on without me.

I plan to ride Saturday and will be at Hashimoto at 7:30am. Where will everyone be meeting up?

Cheers,

Philip

andy_w

Warming-Up
Feb 4, 2009
Tokyo
tri-japan.blogspot.com
Is this the planned route?

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/japan/hashimoto/932125047943795385

I would like to take the challenge of the 3 peaks, but I dont think Ill ever be ready to challenge the speed of Clay. So feel free to zip ahead if Im holding you back.

Is it Hashimoto train station, north exit Sat 7.30 am for the start?

"Peak of dehydration; peak of disillusionment and peak of despair for me, in that order!" Alan W

"Torture, rage, despair and advanced dehydration all in one day" David A.

echothree

Speeding Up
Sep 8, 2008
Mitaka
Yep, that's the route. It won't be super fast, just minimal stops is all.

It's looking like sunday may be best for me at this stage though... Sorry Philip. :(
Is sunday ok for you Andy?

andy_w

Warming-Up
Feb 4, 2009
Tokyo
tri-japan.blogspot.com
Hi Clay,

I was looking to do a ride tomorrow, so I'll probably keep it local with the takao -> jimba onsen -> wada -> tallons traverse so I can get back early.

But if anyone wants to do the 3 peaks one day next week, say Wednesday?

echothree

Speeding Up
Sep 8, 2008
Mitaka
Jules and I had a fantastic ride today, perfect weather and only the occasional clueless driver who thinks cyclist don't actually deserve any road. We set a pretty good pace, and got back around 3:30pm after doing 190kms round trip from Hashimoto (we added some scenic detours to the route.)
Mikuni wasn't too bad, I think because it wasn't sweltering hot like last time... I managed to break my record up there too. :D
Jules showed his mettle in riding to and from the station, adding another 80kms to the trip which is super impressive!