Silver week mountain challenge (September 19-20)...

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Tokyo
Hi all,

Here's what the Challenge is like -

It's a 2 day (19th and 20th of September) ride, approx. 400km distance with more than 7000m of ascent.
The route is Ome -> rt.299 -> Chino -> rt.152 -> Hamamatsu
(stopping at a hotel or minshuku in Chino for 1 night - the place is not decided yet.)

DO YOU WANT to find out how much of a MOUNTAIN GOAT you are?
Then this ride is for you!!! :cool:

This route is the combination of 2 epic rides introduced to TCC by Arai-san (Akiba-kaido and Attack 299). Thanks, Arai-san, for telling about these interesting rides! :)

Datailed route
Day 1:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/japan/saitama-yamanashi/482125266471684752

Day 2:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/ride/japan/chino/875945926010

Challengers
- Thomas
- Sergei (kpykc)

PS
I think it's possible to bail out (or take an easier route for day 2) after the day 1, at Chino, if things get too tough.

araim1

Speeding Up
Ahaha :D Sergey, this is a great, great idea. It is great as an IDEA.:p I would never think of doing this. But I believe you can make this idea realize.

You may start as early as possible in both days since both are over 10 hours ride.

I will do the Attack 299 Reverse as planned at Sept.20. I am not sure if we can encounter each other.

Anyway, good luck to you

Minoru Arai

Wolfman

Speeding Up
Jul 31, 2007
Suginamiku
Pure masochism

I have to echo Arai-san's point. Steve and I set out to replicate Aria-san's ride about a month ago, Chino to Hamamatsucho but over two days. We stayed in a minshuku in an amazing valley, the village is called Hinata (about 100kms in). Although we set off at 9am, we'd gone at a bit of a gentlemanly pace and got there by nightfall, three hooking great toge's later.

We had to bail out due to a typhoon on the second day so only turned right onto 418 before taking something like a six hour train journey to get back to Tokyo - that's the only bail out option once you get down there.

I couldn't really imagine doing it in one day, but good luck. It's a really nice route.

Lee

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Tokyo
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Thanks, Thomas, you are the best company!

All I can say about the ride is - EXTREME!!!!! (more details to come... probably :))

Let's NOT do it again :warau:

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Setagaya
Wow!

Well done, guys! That's quite an accomplishment. I look forward to hearing some details after you recover!

Deej

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
多摩区
Yes, it was extreme indeed. Sergey, thanks again for that exhilarating experience. Arai-san, thanks for the inspiration.

Would I do it again? Yes, but probably not tomorrow.

Find my blog entry here.

Wolfman

Speeding Up
Jul 31, 2007
Suginamiku
I'll admit I was sceptical that it could be done, but with respectful deference, and admiration, I doff my helmet to your strength of character (and legs) in completing this mighty ride.

I also liked your blog and photos, Thomas.

Well done chaps,

Lee