What's new

Shops with great shoe selection? (Sidi)

saibot

Maximum Pace
May 29, 2012
I was running around my neighborhood (Ueno) this evening trying to find Sidi Ergo's or preferably the cheaper Genius 6.6 with the speed play Sole. While both Ys Wearkan and Arts Sport had the Ergo 3 SP in stock, no "larger" sizes available. (size 44 should be good, but would really like to try before buying)

So, those in the know, if you could give me some store locations that carry a decent selection of sidi's it would be much appreciated

(Doesn't have to be sidi's, the thing I'm after is the speed play sole, but the only other brand I could find was Bont and they where even more expensive)

/Tobias

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bebike/sidi-ergo3-3/

If you're sure of your size, Rakuten or Amazon sometimes have some good deals.

Got a Go-Pro HERO on Amazon for 20,000 last week...

Thanks mate, although they don't seem to have the Speed play version.

Yeah, if I was 100% sure about size anf fit I would just order online, but haven't worn Sidi's before so really would prefer to try them on first.

Nalsima friend have the speedplay ergo 3's. at least last time i took theBlob there when he bought a pair.....

nice guys, even though they won't be as cheap as online, i liked their service so much i bought some shoes there (not the sidi's, but i should have, i've sold my fizik's....just not for my feet).

Shinjuku!

Y's Road, in Shinjuku, that is.
I bought a pair of shoes about 3 weeks ago - I also went to both Y's Road wear-kan in Ueno (Okachimachi), and like you said they had absolutely NO large sizes of any shoes there.
Then I went to Nalsima, and I must have tried on about 6 pairs - Nothing in the "Goldilocks" size.
I rode back down the hill to Y's Road in Akasaka (Tameike) - They looked like they were trying to get rid of everything at huge discounts, but again, nothing fit just right.
Finally, I remembered there was a big Y's Road (actually three) in Shinjuku.
And that's where I found them. They had a large selection in larger sizes (I'm size 44 / 28.5cm).
Extremely polite guys & friendly service. I'd definitely go back there again.

Finally, I remembered there was a big Y's Road (actually three) in Shinjuku.
And that's where I found them. They had a large selection in larger sizes (I'm size 44 / 28.5cm).
Extremely polite guys & friendly service. I'd definitely go back there again.

Oh?! I only found the "small" Ys near the station that only stocked like 3 low budget models. The other "Ys Custom" doesn't stock any shoes right?
Do you mind giving me a google maps link to the big one?

Will make a stop at Nalsima friend tomorrow, I'm prepared to pay list price if the service is good (and the shoes fit well)

thank you both for the suggestions!

The Y's in Akasaka is worth a visit.... if they have something you like and fits, they seem to be the 'outlet' Y's. So would likely be cheaper there.

Fair point on the sizes tho. Tougher to find things above a 43/44-ish size.

I had excatly the same issue as you - looked all over Japan for the perfect size but nowhere had anything above a 27cm.

Did a search online and found a Sidi size chart that you download print out and then measure your feet to it. I made my order and the sizing was perfect.

If you are buying SIDI then get them from here:

www.xxcycle.com - nowhere else has them this cheap and wiggle refused to do a price match on them.

The only problem is they might not have your size in stock due to high turn around - but keep checking back as they get stock back in very quickly.

Did you ask at Ys to check their inventory database, not just the stock at that particular shop?

I once went to a Ys in Funabashi to buy a pair of Adidas, but they didn't have stock of the size that fit me there. They kindly checked their inventory database and found a few bigger sizes (45 and 46) located in other Ys. I asked them to bring those to Ys Funabashi for me to come back later and try.
A few days later they called me that the shoes arrived, so I visited there again on weekend, tried both 45 and 46, then decided to buy 45.

Eugen

i've sold my fizik's....just not for my feet.

That is interesting to read; I have heard of a couple of people not getting on with them. They seem to fit me perfectly though... I must have conveniently weird shaped feet!

Link...

Oh?! I only found the "small" Ys near the station that only stocked like 3 low budget models. The other "Ys Custom" doesn't stock any shoes right?
Will make a stop at Nalsima friend tomorrow, I'm prepared to pay list price if the service is good (and the shoes fit well)
thank you both for the suggestions!

Here's Y's Road Wear-kan link.
The map is at the bottom of the web-page.
It's on the B1 (basement) floor, and there are two shops there - One for regular road-bikes, and just across the aisle, the other one is all jerseys, helmets, shoes, gloves, etc.

I bought a pair of shoes about 3 weeks ago [...] Finally, I remembered there was a big Y's Road (actually three) in Shinjuku.

I went there too. I too am normally 28.5. I bought a pair of Shimano something-or-others. They're size 46, also called 29.2, and they're just right for me. So sizing can surprise. (Certainly I'm glad that I didn't order over the interwebs.)

This is the building with the biggest Y's Road store:
http://goo.gl/maps/Qvvnv

They have two shops in the basement, go down the stairs on the west side (at the major road).

That's where I bought my shoes (I'm also a large shoe size for Japan).

Thanks everyone!

Made the fist stop this morning at Nalsima Friend and to my surprise thay had my size in stock (44 in the end), The fit felt really good and the
price was also lower than expected (just below 30000yen, which is still kinda hefty but they where 34000 at Y's).
Now just need to wait a few days on the speedplays to arrive.

Thanks WhiteGiant and joewein for the link, should have been able to figure that out by myself.
I will still go and check out the big Y's in Shinjuku soon, never needed an excuse to visit a bike shop anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom