What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted Shoes, cleats and clipless pedals

stu_kawagoe

Maximum Pace
Jun 23, 2018
Maybe a long shot, but I'm looking to buy some second hand road bike shoes (around size 27.5), cleats and pedals. These would be my first set as I'm a relative beginner.

Stu

you might be in luck. I've switched to SPD pedals completely from SPD-SL and have very nice specialized shoes, ultegra pedals and leftover cleats to sell. will check the size of the shoes, but I wear 27.5 cm usually so it's pretty dead on. will let you know tomorrow night, after work

you might be in luck. I've switched to SPD pedals completely from SPD-SL and have very nice specialized shoes, ultegra pedals and leftover cleats to sell. will check the size of the shoes, but I wear 27.5 cm usually so it's pretty dead on. will let you know tomorrow night, after work

Thanks for that, Luka! Looking forward to your reply.

Looking forward to your reply.
ok, I'm busy preparing for the early ride tomorrow so this is all I can give you for now. I've found the shoes are exactly 27.5 cm size, but I'm not sure of the precise model. I'll check more tomorrow. they're black/white, used for about a year and then been left in the cupboard for about a year now. really great road shoes, cost about 40,000 yen. used, but plenty of life left in them. come with one set of cleats on them already, again with a lot of use to be had from it.

ultegra pedals retail for more than 12,000 yen new, and I have one of these cleat sets brand new plus a single brand new cleat to throw in the mix (so 2 used cleats on the shoes, and 3 brand new replacement ones in total). you can have the whole lot for 20,000 yen. if you're interested I'll post pictures etc tomorrow evening and as I live on Arakawa it's easy to drop by and actually try the shoes on if you want to do that. otherwise, pay-on-delivery shipping is possible I suppose

ok, I'm busy preparing for the early ride tomorrow so this is all I can give you for now. I've found the shoes are exactly 27.5 cm size, but I'm not sure of the precise model. I'll check more tomorrow. they're black/white, used for about a year and then been left in the cupboard for about a year now. really great road shoes, cost about 40,000 yen. used, but plenty of life left in them. come with one set of cleats on them already, again with a lot of use to be had from it.

ultegra pedals retail for more than 12,000 yen new, and I have one of these cleat sets brand new plus a single brand new cleat to throw in the mix (so 2 used cleats on the shoes, and 3 brand new replacement ones in total). you can have the whole lot for 20,000 yen. if you're interested I'll post pictures etc tomorrow evening and as I live on Arakawa it's easy to drop by and actually try the shoes on if you want to do that. otherwise, pay-on-delivery shipping is possible I suppose

That sounds like a very reasonable deal, Luka🙂Please post the pics when when you're free this weekend so I can have a look at the stuff. I'd also like to try on the shoes but we can arrange that for later.

Thanks again🙏

That sounds like a very reasonable deal, Luka
yeah, I'm not in the business of selling these things for a profit and would be happy for a cycling mate to have good use of the items, rather than have them gather dust around the house. will get you some pics as soon as I rest a bit after today's sweltering ride, so you'll have them by this evening for sure

ok, here it all is. you'll notice scratches and superficial wear, but everything is perfectly functional.

once I clipped my shoe against one of those gates on the river, and the left one has a 2cm crack. I remember super-glueing it together, and it's not getting any wider. the position is such that it shouldn't be of too much concern. can't even be seen from a distance. at that same impact, a small part of the pedal got chipped off, but it still takes, retains and releases cleats, so all functional. insoles on the shoes can't be recommended enough.

more than welcome to try them out. I work Mon-Fri so weekends would be nice, but I'm often away. weekdays after 8pm could be doable for a quick handover I suppose...

P.S. I see I can't post all the pics at once, so here's cleats and pedals, and I'll post the shoes separately

IMG_20180630_155354.jpgIMG_20180630_155403.jpgIMG_20180630_155421.jpgIMG_20180630_155426.jpgIMG_20180630_155437.jpg

It all looks good to me! Maybe I can send you a PM and we can fix a time to meet up and whatnot.

@luka i don't want to do you out of a sale but those pedals look dangerous to me. That's not a small part of the pedal. It's half of the retaining clip on the pedal. It's the part that holds the shoe cleat to the pedal. Personally I wouldn't ride those as it looks like there is a risk the cleat could come off. Might only take one sprint and bang, off your foot come, most probably throwing you off the bike. Don't want to sound like a d1ck but I think they belong in the bin. Better safe than sorry if you as me.

Personally I wouldn't ride those as it looks like there is a risk the cleat could come off.
thanks, it certainly looks that way. but I've ridden on them a lot after that and not a slightest indication they got any weaker. in any case, I think shoes are the main dish here, and the rest just desert. @stu_kawagoe consider using the pedals as a try out for a while, and if you decide to continue with SPD-SL cleat set-up you might wanna change them if you experience any issues down the road. your call, but overall this seems a good deal to me for someone looking to just start clipless on the cheap. it would cost him 3 times this much to get all these things new

Thanks for the input @leicaman and @luka 🙂 I just mentioned to @luka in pm that I'm saving up for a decent bike (Giant TCR Advanced or similar) at the moment so this is all definitely being done on the cheap! We arranged to have a look at the stuff next weekend and I'll most likely buy the shoes (and the cleats) if they fit. I still haven't made my mind up about the ultegra pedals. I can give them a go. Otherwise I can buy the cheap Shimano ones on Amazon with the money I save.

Anyway, thanks again @leicaman and @luka.

yep, feel free to come over and try out the stuff for yourself - no strings attached. with or without the pedals it's a good deal. I've kept them for more than a year just in case I return to SPD-SL, and I would be comfortable using them myself again, from previous experience with them. but I understand and respect everyone's risk assessment is different so make your own decision after testing it all out in person is the best IMO

Back
Top Bottom