Ride Shiroishi Pass (Sunday, 16th June)

stu_kawagoe

Maximum Pace
Jun 23, 2018
I’m going out for a ride this Sunday morning - weather permitting. No real plan. I’ll just do a few climbs and get home around lunchtime. Reply to this thread or PM me if interested. I’m happy to meet along the Arakawa if you’re coming from Tokyo.

Shiroishi is here if you don’t know:

Dropped pin
Near 〒355-0366 Saitama, Hiki-gun, Tokigawa, Ōno, 奥武蔵グリーンライン 白石峠(しろいしとうげ)
https://goo.gl/maps/srPAaDh6D4J9A3dV6

Btw, I never know if it’s Shiraishi or Shiroishi Toge. Someone clear this up for me once and for all🙏

Last edited:

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Btw, I never know if it’s Shiraishi or Shiroishi Toge. Someone clear this up for me once and for all🙏
It may be both - q.v. http://twelve.rgr.jp/dhc/shiroishi_tokigawa.html

More people that I know say 'shiraishi' than 'shiroishi', but that doesn't mean they're correct.

Famously, the Fujisan-worshipping 浅間神社 organisation/business can't make up their mind whether their name is 'asama' or 'sengen', so both are officially correct.

(English speakers who consider this confusing can ponder cough and bough and trough and dough.)

stu_kawagoe

Maximum Pace
Jun 23, 2018
@Half-Fast Mike thanks for clearing that up, Sir🙏While we’re here, do you remember what the mountain range that the Green Line sits on is called? I read the Wikipedia page for it once but I haven’t been able to find it again. I think there are seven peaks if you walk the whole length of it from Moro to Dodaira.

sean-e

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2019
大田区
thanks for posting! am already booked this weekend, but i would surely like to check out the green line some time (i live on the wrong river...)

Reactions: stu_kawagoe

stu_kawagoe

Maximum Pace
Jun 23, 2018
thanks for posting! am already booked this weekend, but i would surely like to check out the green line some time (i live on the wrong river...)
No problem, Sean. Looking forward to seeing you when you get the time to head up this way.

Reactions: sean-e