Help Shipping bike from Sendai to SF

May 15, 2014
Walnut Creek, California
Hello there Tokyo cycling club members! I just joined the forums in a quest for assistance from fellow bike enthusiasts. I hope you could assist me.

My beloved Scott Sub 20 sits in a box in Dashirin Nagamachi-branch in Sendai. I want to find the cheapest way to ship it to Walnut Creek CA. It's about 11kg and the dimensions are 909mm x 780mm x 480mm. It's too big to send by Japan post.

I got one quote from the Managing Director of Air Sea Express Limited and it's around Y65,000, which is more than the cost of the bike.

I would be willing to pay up to Y25,000 to ship, otherwise I'm considering selling it.

feel free to email me at hikaruclaire(at)gmail(dot)com

Trek DJ

Maximum Pace
Jan 27, 2009
Kobe
Fedex will cost around 30,000.

But as others have said, given its retail price, you are better off selling it here and putting the cash towards a new bike back home.

Aug 14, 2013
I'm on a U.S. military base. We have a USPS post office here.

If you are not in a hurry parcel post is cheap but it takes forever (forever being a month and change via boat). Priority Mail should be around a hundred bucks.

Send me a PM, I'll be happy to help. It should be fairly straightforward; box gets here via black cat, same box goes out via USPS.

I have ridden my bike on Sendai city, people there are insane in the way that they nonchalantly weave around without a care in the world.