What's new

Review Shimano Winter Gloves

CoffinDodger

Speeding Up
Dec 4, 2008
Bought these solely on the maker claim of usability at -10C. It hasn't yet been a particularly bitter winter so can't verify the claim but they are super comfy, started using them in December. Nice and toasty, no cold fingers, long cuffs, windstopper, have this metalised foil reflective insert inside the hand part, which may or may not be helping. Reflective accent on the little finger and across the knuckles for signaling. Probably not waterproof though. Can just about prod a touchscreen into life. Has a gel pad on the palm but this is almost imaginary....

Like other Shimano clothing I have sourced in Japan, these dont seem to be available outside; the std offering on foreign shop sites seems to be that S-Phyre glove with the removeable liner.

Very interested to see how the gloves shake out in very cold and windy weather. How much were they and where did you buy them from?

I have a pair of Shimano winter gloves that I bought two years ago. Perfect for Japan winter riding.

Don't know if they are the same as yours or how they have changed, I do not see a photo or link to your gloves.

Very interested to see how the gloves shake out in very cold and windy weather. How much were they and where did you buy them from?

Y's in Shinjuku. They were ¥6500 but I had seen them on sale in March last year at ¥3500 iirc.

Waiting for snow this weekend

I have a pair of Shimano winter gloves that I bought two years ago. Perfect for Japan winter riding.

Don't know if they are the same as yours or how they have changed, I do not see a photo or link to your gloves.

I think these are called 'windstopper thermal reflective' gloves and I have just seen them in Amazon Japan..... for a considerable saving.....but not in my gaijin XL size. Oh well

https://www.pearlizumi.co.jp/detail/41898?lang=en
These are good down to about -5 for road riding, nice and warm but thin enough on the inside to have a good feel of the bars and controls. No idea about smart phone fingers however they keep snow out and the inner faux leather is soft enough to wipe snot away with.

for temperatures lower than that, usually night or really early mornings I use Gore Wear Windstopper insulated gloves which are really thick and also work great as snowboarding gloves on cold days.

Back
Top Bottom