What's new

Shimano Dura-Ace 2009 DI2

TheZ

Warming-Up
Jan 14, 2009
Hello Japaneses biker ...

I'm really interesting in the new Shimano Dura-Ace DI2 :bike: ... I have the Shimano 105 group ... need to upgrade lol ... I was looking for the Dura-Ace DI2 with the ZIPP VUMA QUAD CARBON Crankset ... but the Shimano representative told me that they can not garanti it will work properly ... so they give me the tag price and recommand me to buy the entire group ... but the tag price :confused::confused::confused: is ridiculous ... So, I was wondering how much the Dura-Ace DI2 2009 cost in Japan ???? None one else on the board as that group lol :) ... I would like to have some feedback from you ... the only reviews I have is on the web ...

Thank's

Hello Japaneses biker ...

... but the Shimano representative told me that they can not garanti it will work properly ... so they give me the tag price and recommand me to buy the entire group ...

Thank's

Hi TheZ

Interesting story to hear.
But unfortunately I have no idea about its price because they haven't distributed to shops yet in Japan.

massa

Our price in Montreal, Qc, Canada ... cause we have 13 % taxes .... so the price, including taxes is ...

6,600.00 $ CAD = 469,163.63 JPY :confused:

Lot of money don't you think ... I guess in Japan, should be less expensive ... only available in March 2009, but you can put a deposit right know ...

That was an interesting article. I remember those Mavic electronic derailleurs in the 90s...
I`m very skeptical about this electronic shift dura ace. It seems to me that derailleurs need to go. That huge RnD budget Shimano sank into the Di2 would have been much better invested in making their excellent 7 and 8 speed planetary-gearbox rear hubs lighter and higher spec:

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/products/0/alfine.html

And I love the new Truvativ Hammerschmidt, a planetary two-speed mtb bb/crank:

http://magicmechanics.com/home.php?lang=en

Running both these systems, you`d have a maintenance-free 16speed that you could shift pedaling, coasting or standing still, and you could run the chain incased in some kind of protector, keeping it clean and smooth. I think this is the future of cycling`s drivetrain, not derailleurs.

Opinions???

Prices have been published recently...

Levers 65 319 JPY
FD 47 626 JPY
RD 64 227 JPY
Battery 7 826 JPY

...but the full Di2 system is 226 646 JPY on top of the remaining groupset.

Back
Top Bottom